Antivirus Software?

VenomSpice

I had a 90 day Norton trial included with my copy of Windows which is expiring soon. Should I re-up with Norton or go with someone else or nothing at all? What is the best antivirus or thing to do? 

Malwarebytes is a popular choice but additional antiviruses beyond windows defender isnt needed if you avoid fishy sites and links.

IMO, Bitdefender is one of the best paid solutions

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

Norton is bad, it's more a virus than an antivirus. I would suggest Malwarebytes (Which I use) or kaspersky. But if you avoid "dangerous" sites you don't even need an antivirus.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

3 minutes ago, VenomSpice said:

What is the best antivirus or thing to do?

seriously adblock is the best prevention IMO.

I use free anti-virus because I think the biggest threat is the stuff you get tricked into clicking on and no paid solution will prevent that. Malware bytes has been working for me.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, danwager11 said:

if you avoid "dangerous" sites you don't even need an antivirus

100% agree. the biggest risk is getting tricked into a drive by download because you couldn't resist watching some crappy movie for free

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I think for most savvy users antivirus isn't necessary. There's no harm in it though so I have a subscription to Bullguard which imo is the best one out of the ones I've tried. it's really unintrusive and is good at catching things in the background. Mcafee, Norton and Kaspersky i found to slow my computer down. especially mcafee.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

Norton is bloated and the one antivirus software that every hacker can beat or wants to beat, or will beat.

Malwarebytes is good

Microsoft Security Essentials is good

CCleaner is good

Then you can throw in a free version of a popular program. I go to cnet.com to see what is popular.