Are the Sennheiser HD 650 still worth buying?

N8DE

Are the sennheiser HD 650 still worth buying in 2016?

I am going to use it with the FiiO E10k.

Are there any other headphones that are better than the HD 650 in the same price range (~300$)

I would like to use them for listening to music and play games.

Can people hear what you are listening to?

Thanks!

It's not like the performance / sound quality of a headphone becomes less good over time, is it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

If you can wait until they bring back (hopefully) the hd6xx from mass drop they are basically the HD650 just deep blue and only $200 bucks I personally wanted to buy a pair after saw them available in the morning but by the time it was the afternoon they had sold out

6 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

The performance relative to other headphones in the same price range can though

That isn't the case here.

6 hours ago, Dabasepc said:

- AKG K702

- Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X

- Beyerdynamic DT 880/990

- HiFiMAN HE-400i

I wouldn't put the HE-400i, DT series or K700 series in quite the same league. Frequency response is too peaky.

2 hours ago, masterzpcz said:

If you can wait until they bring back (hopefully) the hd6xx from mass drop they are basically the HD650 just deep blue and only $200 bucks I personally wanted to buy a pair after saw them available in the morning but by the time it was the afternoon they had sold out

Hahah yeah this. Dude, have you seen how many requests there are currently? It's nuts. It exploded even more. Round 2 will be more of a show than the first hahaha ~ depends on how many units there are going to be though if any. 

I'd say it's totally worth it.  A decade or so later, and they're still considered flagship class headphones.  Not sure if I'll be upgrading from my set.

Thanks guys i think i will go with the AKG K712 Pro and the fiio e10k :/:/ Just a bit cheaper in my country :/:/:D