EVGA 1070 FTW Artifacts

Magnorph

Hey everyone,

So I recently heard about the issues with the EVGA FTW cards having faulty VRM cooling. Basically a few days after Jay's video came out my graphics card has been acting strangely.

All videos, regardless of where they come from, including GIF's will have weird black artifacts all around the top half of the video. Rewinding the video fixes it, but it is still a very frequent issue. This hasn't affected my gameplay though. At least, not until yesterday.

Yesterday I started up the witcher 3 and now I have these huge white lines across the left hand side of my screen. I now find this in every full screen game that I play. My latest attempt was space engineers.

To make things even stranger, I can literally screen cap and the issue is caught on the image (pictures attached). I feel like this might be an issue with the latest drivers.

Basically I'm just asking for advice. Could this be a problem with the most recent driver update, or do I have to RMA my card?

Thanks everyone.

white bar 1.png

white bar 2.png

Send it back.
Take no chances!

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

As the others have said, you should RMA it. The problem might be caused by some of the memory modules, which aren't very temperature tolerant, being positioned closely to the hot VRMs.

If your GPU has Micron memory, that might be the issue since it's very shitty. EVGA recently published a vBIOS update to address the issue, you can try that.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

22 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

As the others have said, you should RMA it. The problem might be caused by some of the memory modules, which aren't very temperature tolerant, being positioned closely to the hot VRMs.

If your GPU has Micron memory, that might be the issue since it's very shitty. EVGA recently published a vBIOS update to address the issue, you can try that.

23 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

Send it back.
Take no chances!

28 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

yep, do an RMA. EVGA is good at this, in spite of the fiasco 

31 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

its a bad card, rma it.

Thanks guys, just called EVGA and they're sending a replacement soon.

Thanks again everyone, you're why I come here.