Computer tools?

charbel1011

I wanna build a gaming pc but i don't have any of screwdrivers or anything so i was thinking if there any computer tool kit u can buy online specific for this stuff?

Go to Crap-O-Rama, and buy some tools. I am sure they got a multi-screw driver there for $1.25. Should last you a few months, depending on how often you use it.

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I wanna build a gaming pc but i don't have any of screwdrivers or anything so i was thinking if there any computer tool kit u can buy online specific for this stuff?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

If you don't own a standard Philips screwdriver, then I really question how you get by day to day ;) 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

A magnetic phillip's head screwdriver, black cable ties (or zip ties), You'll need iso propyl alcohol and canned air for the future

15 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

You'll need iso propyl alcohol and canned air for the future

You only need isopropyl if you're planning to replace the thermal compound. 

I edit my posts a lot.

Hit up your drug store for the isopropyl alcohol, get the highest which is 90%, otherwise you just paying for water.

Magnetic screwdriver = place a magnet on your Crap-O-Rama $1.25 multi-screw driver, done!

Once the bits lose some metal and you have saved enough money, hit up Harbor Freight, Princess Auto, Canadian Tire or Home Dept for a good quality tool set.

An ifixit tool kit will cover you  99% of the time during any standard build.

Other then that i would add a magnetic parts tray (which are cheap at harbor freight) some nitrile exam gloves, canned air, and maybe one of those camping lamps you wear on your head.

For case modding i would add to the above a dremel, some safety glasses, needle nose pliers, electrical tape, painters tape, soldering iron (with a mount & Sponge), and maybe a multi meter.

other then that maybe watch a few build logs online and see what those guys are using. 

11 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I personally think the ifixit tool kits are a ripoff.

Buy a set of screwdrivers at wally world for $5.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Hand-Tools-60-060-6-Piece-Set-Slotted-Phillip-Screwdrivers/17474472

I personally would never buy these because I already have a lot nicer set. 

I bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16899261003 is it good?

5 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

One other "tool" that i would recommend is a flexible lamp, something like this. I do all of my builds on a folding table that i just setup and clip one of those lamps on. The lamp is very useful because if you are trying to lineup hard to reach connectors or screws or whatever its very useful to be able to flex the lamp inside of the computer case so that you can lean over it and work inside of it without worrying about blocking ceiling light. Also, zip ties are your best friend as a computer builder. Use them ;)

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

44 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

As long as its stable.

Stable enough. Sure, working on a solid wood table is preferable, but my choices are my kitchen table (REALLY don't want to scratch) or workbench(outside in non connected garage, cold af in winter; hot af in summer).