Am3+ upgrade

KingBaby

I have this computer that I built a while ago and I am getting an old titan but my issue is the processor in the system is a fx 6350 at 4 ghz, I don't want to change my motherboard because it should be good for another while and It did cost me close to the price of the cpu at the time, I was wondering what would be the best upgrade option for the am3+ platform, It neds to work with just the stock cooler or a normal contact cooler, I don't have space for water cooling or an io

fx 8370 with wraith cooler

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

27 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

fx 8370 with wraith cooler

if you manage to sell the FX-6350, as the benefit from the upgrade won't be worth the cost

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

There isn't really any benefit to upgrading to say an 8370/8350 .  Your best bet is to wait for zen if you need to upgrade ,  but am3+ is a dead platform  

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, KingBaby said:

I have this computer that I built a while ago and I am getting an old titan but my issue is the processor in the system is a fx 6350 at 4 ghz, I don't want to change my motherboard because it should be good for another while and It did cost me close to the price of the cpu at the time, I was wondering what would be the best upgrade option for the am3+ platform, It neds to work with just the stock cooler or a normal contact cooler, I don't have space for water cooling or an io

Upgrade path for AM3+ really depends on overclocking the shit out of the 8 core CPU's, but two more cores, or 1 AMD unit, isn't really all that good, there isn't much of an upgrade path, the platform is dead, don't sink more money into it, but if you must get the 8 core ones.

Yours faithfully

probably the only upgrade would be going to a Phenom black edition from the AM3. They're are more powerful compared to the FX series.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT