Help me! Connecting the Logitech Z506 to a TV

NopedLEL

I just bought the Logitech Z506 and I'm buying a TV very soon for that, but I want to connect the Z506 directly to my TV, maintaining the Surround sound. I will be using my PC to connect to the TV, but the PC is too far away for the cables of the Logitech Z506. I know there is a solution to this, but I can't really find a good explanation somewhere, so that's why I'm asking.

2 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

If your TV has a optical output that supports 5.1 surround you can use a decoder/converter box like this,

https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Audio-Digital-Decoder-Converter/dp/B00AMC2J1Y

Does a standard Full HD tv support that? And I can't really buy from amazon.com or I would need to pay 100+ dollars on shipping, what do I need to type in google to find basically the same product?

1 hour ago, NopedLEL said:

Does a standard Full HD tv support that? And I can't really buy from amazon.com or I would need to pay 100+ dollars on shipping, what do I need to type in google to find basically the same product?

Type in; optical to 5.1 analog converter.  You'll have to check the TVs specs, my 65" Samsung outputs 5.1 through the optical output but my kids 37" doesn't. 

How far is your TV going to be from your PC?  If it's less than 20' the cheapest option would be just to get three 3.5mm extension cables and extend the inputs but you'll loose the ability to play other sources besides your PC through the speakers.

There's also a HDMI version,

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Decoder-Converter-Supports-Decoding/dp/B00OUSA0DK/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1478734350&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+to+5.1+audio+converter