Capture cards

I'll get right to the point on this one: I would like to record gameplay to post to YouTube of games like Just Cause 3 and MW3, But when I start recording in 1080p I get bad lag and have to turn it to 720p or lower. I was wondering if investing in a capture card would solve this problem? If so I would like some recommendations on specific cards. I see that some coast sub-$50 and some cost more that $150, whats the difference and what one if any should I get?

Here are my PC specs:

FX6300 (overclocked to 4.6gh)

MSI R7 370 OC edition

MSI motherboard

16gb DDr3.

480gb SSD

500gb HD

2 minutes ago, fabsiguy said:

I'll get right to the point on this one: I would like to record gameplay to post to YouTube of games like Just Cause 3 and MW3, But when I start recording in 1080p I get bad lag and have to turn it to 720p or lower. I was wondering if investing in a capture card would solve this problem? If so I would like some recommendations on specific cards. I see that some coast sub-$50 and some cost more that $150, whats the difference and what one if any should I get?

Here are my PC specs:

FX6300 (overclocked to 4.6gh)

MSI R7 370 OC edition

MSI motherboard

16gb DDr3.

480gb SSD

500gb HD

are you recording to the SSD or the HDD?

6 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

are you recording to the SSD or the HDD?

SSD

You should get a GTX 1050ti - 960 - 950 and there is a capture card plus a GPU upgrade for around 150 dollars 

4 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

You should get a GTX 1050ti - 960 - 950 and there is a capture card plus a GPU upgrade for around 150 dollars 

SO would the 1050 be an upgrade from the r7 370, I paid 160 for that card this summer!

4 minutes ago, fabsiguy said:

SO would the 1050 be an upgrade from the r7 370, I paid 160 for that card this summer!

I might be able to return my card for money back, shoul I?

2 minutes ago, fabsiguy said:

I might be able to return my card for money back, shoul I?

Yeah I believe you should if you have the money for a GTX 1050ti 

2 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

Yeah I believe you should if you have the money for a GTX 1050ti 

never mind, I cant return it. :(

5 minutes ago, fabsiguy said:

never mind, I cant return it. :(

Okay, keep in mind really anything above a GTX 950 even would be an upgrade for the R7 370 so if you sell your GPU you could have a lot of Nvidia options for even a slightly better GPU for a good price. So you could even consider selling it depending on how much you could get for it. 

EDIT: You could also try AMD's recording solution; Raptor if your card is compatible with it

5 hours ago, ripper101 said:

Okay, keep in mind really anything above a GTX 950 even would be an upgrade for the R7 370 so if you sell your GPU you could have a lot of Nvidia options for even a slightly better GPU for a good price. So you could even consider selling it depending on how much you could get for it. 

EDIT: You could also try AMD's recording solution; Raptor if your card is compatible with it

ok, so I got amazon too accept my return (could be because we order things like every day) so ill have about 170 to spend on a card, what would you recommend, I was looking at a 1050ti........ is this card powerful enough to run a triple A tital and record video?

1 hour ago, fabsiguy said:

Okay, still an upgrade. But, just a small heads up the 470 is an AMD-Radeon card and Idoesn't have the recording solution I was talking about. GeForce-GTX-nVidia cards are the only one she that have Shadowplay which is a recording solution that when ran only drops you 0-2 FPS.

12 hours ago, ripper101 said:

Okay, still an upgrade. But, just a small heads up the 470 is an AMD-Radeon card and Idoesn't have the recording solution I was talking about. GeForce-GTX-nVidia cards are the only one she that have Shadowplay which is a recording solution that when ran only drops you 0-2 FPS.

Rapture seems to work good, thanks.