Blackplayer - A very simple yet powerful Media player

SilicateWielder

Note: I was unsure whether to place this in the Audio section or not, please move this wherever it seems most appropriate.

This is also my first review so please don't be too harsh.

Black player is an app in the Android Play store that combines many features into one. Including a surprisingly premium-sounding Equalizer, it even features a tag editor for those who buy CDs and rip them. Other features of the app include automatic downloading of relevant information for any music you have in your library, including cover art, and short biographies of the artists for your music. You can sort your music in a variety of ways, from downright genre, A-Z alphabetical, A-Z artist, A-Z album, and even by length of your song or by the date added. You can also create playlists, which is a feature I don't personally use but it's great for those who do want personalized playlists to fit whatever occasion they need. 

When you first get the app and open it up, you will notice it's very easy on the eyes, the app sticks true to it's name. The interface is dark and sophisticated, however if you do want a light theme, there is a setting under Settings > Styling that should do nicely. Moving on to the rest of the settings, there are a LOT of settings. Again under styles you can change everything from the accent color, fonts, transitions, translucency of windows, and action bar color, there are premium features such as main window color, Now Playing Color, and popup Window color but I suspect these settings are only going to be changed by the most hardcore of tweakers. Other settings include changing the interface of the app, you can change how songs and categories are laid out, enable a dedicated bookmark page, and there is even an option for a sleep timer for those who listen to music as they fall to sleep at night. I must commend the developers for the vast amount of features that they provide for free.

There are many more settings but I think it's time I move on. 

Lets focus on the Equalizer, a feature that I'm sure at least some of the people reading this are interested in. The Equalizer itself can be accessed by swiping from the left, revealing a navigation bar, tab the appropriately named Equalizer button and you will be provided with a 5-band equalizer, but don't let it's lack of bands fool you. It's very powerful, when altering the EQ, you can tweak it such that the desired sound signature is clear and rich where you want and toned down where you don't want. But wait, there is more. If you slide left while holding the bold text on top that says EQUALIZER, you will be presented with a sound effects page, it features a sound balancer, bass boost, a virtualizer, and amplifier. Personally the amplifier doesn't sound nice on my device but results may vary.

Blackplayer (Google Play): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kodarkooperativet.blackplayerfree&hl=en

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

We actually have a section called "Member Reviews." I have moved the thread to that location.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

We actually have a section called "Member Reviews." I have moved the thread to that location.

Thank you.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

• 1 year later...

It's best music app on android in my opinion and I tried a lot players before. It has everything: lyrics support, last.fm scrobbler support, nice interface, sleep timer and lots of options to customize it.