How is this 4k build? Preparing this build for Mass Effect Andromeda (first time building a gaming pc)

Andrew Waples

As well as for other games. Things I would like opinions (however open to other opinions on other parts) on: the tools I choose, the peripherals, keyboard, mice (including both mouse pads), and speakers. I'm torn on freesync. A 1070 is a more capable card at 4k, but I won't be able use freesync (with the monitor I choose, g sync monitors are bit too much for me). Is a two way RX 480 crossfire worth it? Could that produce better 4k performance at the roughly the same price compared to a single 1070? Regarding the tools, I do have a #1 Phillips screwdriver, is that enough? I don't have a anti-static wrist band though, and with this toolset, it's roughly the same price as just having a single anti-wrist band.

1 minute ago, Andrew Waples said:

Sorry, I forgot to put in the link...http://pcpartpicker.com/list/bXpBTH USD

i'd go for atleaste a i7 4790 and dual rx 480's or a single 1080 for 4k, but the thing with 480's is how properly DX12 is implemented in the game, Bf1 for example has shitty implementation 

16 minutes ago, Andrew Waples said:

As well as for other games. Things I would like opinions (however open to other opinions on other parts) on: the tools I choose, the peripherals, keyboard, mice (including both mouse pads), and speakers. I'm torn on freesync. A 1070 is a more capable card at 4k, but I won't be able use freesync (with the monitor I choose, g sync monitors are bit too much for me). Is a two way RX 480 crossfire worth it? Could that produce better 4k performance at the roughly the same price compared to a single 1070? Regarding the tools, I do have a #1 Phillips screwdriver, is that enough? I don't have a anti-static wrist band though, and with this toolset, it's roughly the same price as just having a single anti-wrist band.

The GTX 1070 is a fairly capable 4K 30 FPS card, if this is what you're after. If you want higher frame rates, you're going to have to turn down settings. I'd also recommend overclocking your card. Even an 8% overclock can be very helpful.

You could Crossfire two RX 480s, though you'll very likely need an 8 GB RX 480 if you want to avoid being bottlenecked by the 4 GB VRAM buffer. In the US, the cheapest of these cards cost around $239.99. A Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce card costs only $379.99 at Amazon and B&H, $384.99 at SuperBiiz, and $389.99 at Newegg. If you do the math you're paying 26% more for Crossfire, plus you're gambling that it'll actually scale well in the titles you're playing. I'd personally review benchmarks before making this purchasing decision.