Boots but NO BEEP TONE

Hi Guys,

So i just finished building my PC. Everything works as it should but I don't hear the satisfying beep tone on boot. I made sure to plug HD Audio on JAUD1 on my MSI H110m Pro-VH board. 

I checked and HD Audio is enabled on Bios. Fast boot is disabled as well. 

Is this normal? My OCD won't let me sleep at night if I don't hear the beep tone. :P

But seriously, I just bought the board today and would like to know if I should RMA it.

Modern PCs don't have the incredibly annoying beep tone on boot. Last time I heard that I was still running Windows 98SE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if there were a beep it would come from a speaker inside the case?

On another note, a lack of this beep is NOT a reason to RMA the board

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

oh ok, it feels like I am missing a lot from not hearing the beep tone. I mean, ever since 3rd Grade, I use it as a sign of good boot (when I first formatted a pc using XP). But thank you for answering my silly question. 

2 minutes ago, mbryant said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if there were a beep it would come from a speaker inside the case?

On another note, a lack of this beep is NOT a reason to RMA the board

I upgraded from an old 2nd gen build and I used the same case. I am thinking the beep tone is the first thing I'll hear after building.

16 minutes ago, musashiro said:

Hi Guys,

So i just finished building my PC. Everything works as it should but I don't hear the satisfying beep tone on boot. I made sure to plug HD Audio on JAUD1 on my MSI H110m Pro-VH board. 

I checked and HD Audio is enabled on Bios. Fast boot is disabled as well. 

Is this normal? My OCD won't let me sleep at night if I don't hear the beep tone. :P

But seriously, I just bought the board today and would like to know if I should RMA it.

there is usually a speaker included with the mobo or case. make sure it's plugged in.
if it wasn't included, then ye won't get a beep

Just now, musashiro said:

oh ok, it feels like I am missing a lot from not hearing the beep tone. I mean, ever since 3rd Grade, I use it as a sign of good boot (when I first formatted a pc using XP). But thank you for answering my silly question. 

I upgraded from an old 2nd gen build and I used the same case. I am thinking the beep tone is the first thing I'll hear after building.

Again, even if you should be hearing it, assuming nothing else is effected then you have nothing to worry about

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

48 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

there is usually a speaker included with the mobo or case. make sure it's plugged in.
if it wasn't included, then ye won't get a beep

With Asus at least it's built into the motherboard. It's used for troubleshooting boot issues. 

Also, it's not annoying, it's a single beep to let you know that post has completed with no errors.