Windows 10 Bottlenecks

I am running windows 10 for an year and a half now, and i am facing problems with it from a month. I use my PC mostly for downloads, browsing, editing, rendering and a bit of  gaming, but sometimes when my pc is idle (only utorrent running) it starts laging and then if i want to open any file or folder it gets stuck and that too for countless minutes. The only way i could get out of this infinite hang-loop is to force shutdown my pc. I know its not the best way to deal with it, but what would you do if you have work to be done and your pc has already been stuck on the "End Process" dialogue box for an hour(yeah it has happened more than twice). Anyone who can figure whats the problem? 

do you run full system scans? make sure your harddrive isn't full? run CCleaner? you'd be surprised how many files run up your system's memory.

I currently have 360 Security Antivirus and i run a full scan daily. 

whats your hard drive? When I was looking for a new SSD I read that samsung 840 was causing this problem for many people. Windows slowdown is not caused by Windows itself; caused by not having enough empty space on the drive & not de-fragmenting mechanical drives. Iv also seen this on a graphic designers system where his temp folder was full because for some reason it wasn't being emptied automatically

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Is this a clean installed windows 10?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My specs are as follows :

i7 4790k

Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb @ 2400 Mhz

Asus Strix GTX 970 

Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb + WD 3Tb Green

My OS is on the SSD and loaded with only 110Gb of programs. For some odd reason i am not able free temp files from settings>system>storage.

Coming to the install, i did the free upgrade from windows 7.

14 minutes ago, AB8837 said:

There we have the problem. Windows 10 Acts weird sometimes after you have done the upgrade installation. With a clean install of windows 10, this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

Explorer.exe freezing when opening files sounds like failing drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would go for failing SSD too. how much % of it is used at idle in task manager ?

10 minutes ago, belfouf said:

I would go for failing SSD too. how much % of it is used at idle in task manager ?

With chrome, torrent and file explorer running in the background, its between 3% to 10%.

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Explorer.exe freezing when opening files sounds like failing drive.

its not only explorer, it can be anything even windows media player.

15 minutes ago, AB8837 said:

its not only explorer, it can be anything even windows media player.

You should try reinstalling Windows. If that doesn't fix the issue, its hardware thing. And I would point finger at your SSD at that point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, AB8837 said:

WD 3Tb Green

I had a WD green. I gave it to someone and i told them do not use it on windows without upgrading the firmware or it will brick itself. it died as soon as he plugged it in. It is possible this drive is playing up. You could try defragging it and turn off windows indexing on this drive

3 hours ago, AB8837 said:

Your problems might be related to the upgrade. i always prefer a clean install that trust an upgrade

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

20 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Your problems might be related to the upgrade. i always prefer a clean install that trust an upgrade

ohkay i will do a clean install of windows this weekend and will let you know :)

Hey i just thought to close all the tabs of chrome and all the other applications. With only torrent running in the background, my pc was still utilising 25-30% of 16Gb Ram. Is it normal?

14 hours ago, AB8837 said:

Hey i just thought to close all the tabs of chrome and all the other applications. With only torrent running in the background, my pc was still utilising 25-30% of 16Gb Ram. Is it normal?

Yes, it kinda is. Torrent is caching content all the time and using RAM. Plus Windows uses about 5-10% all the time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv