DPC watchdogs violation

foon-fork

Happened in the middle of baking some textures.

Lost the AO map there, but the audio went all haywire and my computer was freaking out.

youtube told me to switch the sata controller to the standard one instead of using intel's sata controller, and everywhere use told me to update my drivers for my gpu and ssd.

Any anyone else run into this issue?

I get this specific error every so often.

They're all kind of right. DCP Watchdog violation is a driver issue but it's not specific to just one driver. It can be your GPU, it can be your sata, but it can be pretty much any driver. Without more insight into what driver exactly is causing the issue for you, you could update all your drivers. Or go though your device manager and look for a driver that has a release date in the days of yore, before the release date of your operating system. 

Just now, Naeaes said:

They're all kind of right. DCP Watchdog violation is a driver issue but it's not specific to just one driver. It can be your GPU, it can be your sata, but it can be pretty much any driver. Without more insight into what driver exactly is causing the issue for you, you could update all your drivers. Or go though your device manager and look for a driver that has a release date in the days of yore, before the release date of your operating system. 

I was panicking for a moment there.

I'm a student that can't afford a creative cloud license... or a substance painter one.

I thought the nsa caught up to me

a watchdog is pretty common i think, I have a watchdog on my router. I saw this error on a windows 8 laptop; I never fixed it because i bought it to use linux. Pretty stink all the recommendations are just to reinstall drivers. Surely the watchdog would produce a report that would help you identify the hardware thats playing up

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_