Will this be a good enough pc for AAA titles 2016 and 2017?

Sevpai
Go to solution Solved by Dunkan77,
1 minute ago, Sevpai said:

I actually don't know what you mean with that. Could you explain it please. :D

Nevermind i got it, Power Supply

I meant that your PC is fairly good for anything you could throw at it for the next 2 or 3 years so you shouldn't worry too much for now as you have a great gaming PC and fairly good editing rig even. In 3 year's time you would've saved enough for an upgrade if you need one :)

Intel Core i5 6500 4-Core 4x3.2Ghz (turbo: 3.6Ghz) 

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 PCI-E graphic card

500GB HDD, SSD optional

8GB DDR4 RAM 

Asrock B150M-HDV

Was wondering if this PC will be a good enough PC to run games like, GTA V, ARMA 3, BF1, Cod IW, Watchdogs 2 etc. @ 60fps?

And if some of you have advice.

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Dunkan77 said:

Yes it will be more than enough for today's games. It's a fairly good all-rounder you got here. Don't ever cheap out on your PSU though, never ever.

I meant that your PC is fairly good for anything you could throw at it for the next 2 or 3 years so you shouldn't worry too much for now as you have a great gaming PC and fairly good editing rig even. In 3 year's time you would've saved enough for an upgrade if you need one :)

10 minutes ago, Sevpai said:

Intel Core i5 6500 4-Core 4x3.2Ghz (turbo: 3.6Ghz) 

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 PCI-E graphic card

500GB HDD, SSD optional

8GB DDR4 RAM 

Asrock B150M-HDV

Was wondering if this PC will be a good enough PC to run games like, GTA V, ARMA 3, BF1, Cod IW, Watchdogs 2 etc. @ 60fps?

And if some of you have advice.

Thanks in advance

way better than my computer. I dont play any games like doom but that cpu and gpu are very solid. A couple of my friends play at 1440p with that card. 60 fps will easily be achievable.

Just now, Legolessed said:

way better than my computer. I dont play any games like doom but that cpu and gpu are very solid. A couple of my friends play at 1440p with that card. 

Do they play it on minimum of 60fps, than maybe i'll try it too.

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Yes.

Everything ULTRA 60FPS from what you listed on 1080p is no problem except Arma 3 multiplayer. You cant have 60FPS in that game with any PC.

I can't even max out GTA V in 1080p on my GTX 1070. You can't play all games on Ultra with a GTX 1060 in 1080p, but you will still be able to have a good experience. Stop spreading this bullshit.

To RGB, or not to RGB? That is the question.

- Shakespeare. Hamlet, Act III, scene I.

same build as mine, which 1060 6gb you getting?

and also 500gb is kind of small, mine filled up pretty quick after a few moneths

Just now, Sevpai said:

Do they play it on minimum of 60fps, than i'll try it too.

i mean me and my friends dont play games like doom or gta 5. but the 1060 is a solid card. 

i know this is for the g1 gaming but it should be close enough for comparison.

3 minutes ago, StaffCorporal said:

I can't even max out GTA V in 1080p on my GTX 1070. You can't play all games on Ultra with a GTX 1060 in 1080p, but you will still be able to have a good experience. Stop spreading this bullshit.

I havent played GTA V on my 1060 but I did  on my 770 2GB before and I was able to reliably hit 60FPS at 1080p on Ultra without MSAA and advanced settings.

I am sure that if you enable MFAA in NVIDIA Controll panel you can crank up MSAA and have a lot less performance hit and also be able to turn Advanced settings quite high to maintain 60FPS.

Just now, Spoonzio said:

same build as mine, which 1060 6gb you getting?

and also 500gb is kind of small, mine filled up pretty quick after a few moneths

I'm probably going to get a SSD.

I'm probably going to get a SSD.

Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Also, don;t get any GTX1060 like the others said. The gigabyte one is good, MSI and Asus ones too. Don't take EVGA though...

GTX1060 is the sweetspot for 1080p, you'll max out everything at ultra 60fps.

If you want to jump to 1440p I don't actually know what is the best choice. GTX 1070 is overkill, RX480 isn't quite powerful enough to punch through 60fps on the heavier titles, there is no in-between. Maybe an R9 fury or a gtx980? I'm pulling it off with an R9 Nano that I picked up for cheap and it's maxing out everything at 1440p... but they're hard to come by at that price point at the moment, the ones I've seen are much more pricey. Hmmm, R9 390? I've not seen it benchmarked but I imagine it's the card to go for.

1 minute ago, Dunkan77 said:

Also, don;t get any GTX1060 like the others said. The gigabyte one is good, MSI and Asus ones too. Don't take EVGA though...

is the msi armor 1060 6gb good for its price, what other cards can be compared to that one

Just now, Spoonzio said:

is the msi armor 1060 6gb good for its price, what other cards can be compared to that one

Asus Strix 1060 is a bit more expensive but has 3 fans, Gigabyte 1060 is good too. Look at reviews for different 1060 to decide what's best for you.