Fan Arrangement Prodigy M

Hi I am looking to get some suggestions of how to mount fans.

I have a Prodigy M from bitfenix.

In the top I have an H100i

bottom 2x Noctua nf-s12 fans (random found them in my box o' stuff) (120 mm)

rear bitfenix stock fan (120mm i believe)

Power supply will exhaust out the bottom

since the motherboard is inverted my graphics card (sapphire 6950) is right next to the H100i.

my question is, which fans should be intakes and which ones should exhaust?

if the h100i fans (stock) are exhausting are out, they are spinning in the opposite direction of the graphics card fan and are pushing hot graphics card air though the radiator.

please help me, I really appreciate it!

let me know what other information would be helpful :)

That's exactly why i hate the Prodigy M layout. (Sorry for the non-helpful post)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

yea its a rather pain but I LOVE the look of the case and will be great for taking to college.

thanks for the post!

Anyone else have any ideas?

you could always take out the rivets and put the layout of the mobo tray back to normal? its a rather easy mod unless the entire case changed.

you could always take out the rivets and put the layout of the mobo tray back to normal? its a rather easy mod unless the entire case changed.

the entire layout changed :)

hmmmmm, are you willing to do a little cutting and pasting? I.e, re-riveting panels?

nevermind! if youre using an h100i, mount it to the bottom and have it exhausting air out the bottom, put some fans in the roof for intake and call it a day! fans in the roof will help cool your GPU so its a win win.

nevermind! if youre using an h100i, mount it to the bottom and have it exhausting air out the bottom, put some fans in the roof for intake and call it a day! fans in the roof will help cool your GPU so its a win win.

can an h100i be mounted in the bottom? if it can that would rock

:)

If your gpu is back-exhausting and so intakes with side fans, you should turn H100i fans to intake. You could remove back exhaust completely and have bottom fans intake. Creates positive air pressure in side case. Or have only one bottom intake and make other Noctua back exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If your gpu is back-exhausting and so intakes with side fans, you should turn H100i fans to intake. You could remove back exhaust completely and have bottom fans intake. Creates positive air pressure in side case. Or have only one bottom intake and make other Noctua back exhaust.

http://legitreviews.com/images/news/2011/6950-1gb.jpg graphics card

i will have 2 noctuas and one bitfenix fan and the h100i fans

the power supply exhausts out the bottom

thanks 

if the h100i is exhausting out of the case, the fans on it and the graphics card turn in opposite directions. could this be bad? the h100i pulling hot air from graphics card while the graphics card is trying to push cool air in the opposite direction. I think it would end up with no air between them and both would be starved for air. 

thanks

can an h100i be mounted in the bottom? if it can that would rock

i guess you could try? does the case have mounting for 2 120s on the bottom?

i guess you could try? does the case have mounting for 2 120s on the bottom?

yes it does only problem is the radiator/fans slam into the motherboard and ram and all sorts of good stuff.

wont fit in the bottom

any other ideas?

@skippytheturtle

Get your tools out and take action yourself. Check out what I did to mine~

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/66981-bitfenix-prodigy-m-motherboard-orientation-mod/

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Storage : Sandisk Extreme 120gb and 1tb Seagate Barracuda |

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Storage : Sandisk Extreme 120gb and 1tb Seagate Barracuda |