Windows 10 start menu / search issue

karstenve15

Earlier today I wanted to download something. At one point I was so desperate that I just downloaded it from a random site. When I opened the folder it was not what I wanted to download. I downloaded some malware that spammed my internet browsers. I downloaded some third party software to help me and it worked! But when I rebooted my laptop the start menu didn't work.

I tried everything I could. I did a clean start, followed lots of steps form YouTube but didn't fix the issue. Does someone know what went wrong and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

you have a trojan in your computer. I.E you're screwed.

unless you do a fresh install of windows that is or boot in safe mode to run windows defender

30 minutes ago, karstenve15 said:

Earlier today I wanted to download something. At one point I was so desperate that I just downloaded it from a random site. When I opened the folder it was not what I wanted to download. I downloaded some malware that spammed my internet browsers. I downloaded some third party software to help me and it worked! But when I rebooted my laptop the start menu didn't work.

I tried everything I could. I did a clean start, followed lots of steps form YouTube but didn't fix the issue. Does someone know what went wrong and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

?

2 minutes ago, karstenve15 said:

Yes

check deWaardt response in mt topic

you are suposed do do that everytime you boot your computer but i ran malwarebytes again and it started booting normaly again

I don't have that black screen. I can go to everything except for the start menu, the search bar

I'm dutch so I don't know how they call it but that thing in the right corner that gives warnings and stuff. I get a lot of warnings but can't open it.

Thx for the help tho. I will post tomorrow if I find a fix. If I don't find anything I will have to reinstall windows. Thanks for the help!!!