Any other Wii U owners that...

TheBestUserName

... that are like me and have felt drawn back to their Wii U? 

Ever since the Switch was announced, I've been strangely compelled to start using my Wii U again a lot more.  I was re-playing Super Mario 3D world for a bit, but then had the urge to get something new.  So I bought Yoshi's Woolly World and Shovel Knight last weekend.  I'm a working stiff with not a great deal of time in the week to play, but I've already sunk ~10 hours into it, and I'm having a great time. It's such a good game. 

I'm about 9-10 hours into Dying Light on my computer, but it's on hiatus for a bit.   But to keep up with the zombie theme, I might get ZombiU (even though it's a PS+ game on my PS4). 

I also started using the Wii U for Netflix (I'm on season 8 of The X Files) and the surround sound is MUCH better than PS4.  By that I mean the channel separation is much more discreet. For example, on-screen dialog is strictly coming from the center channel. 

I'm very pleased once again with my Wii U. 

Any one else experiencing the same draw I am? 

What game are you currently playing on it? 

I like to play super Mario maker, but coz I already play a lot even before the switch, I haven't noticed a difference in how much I play. Also windwaker HD is good too! :) 

The only time I bother to turn on my Wii U is when I get bored of my PC (which is rare). I haven't spent more than a couple minutes on my Wii U since I finished Wind Waker HD almost two years ago.

24 minutes ago, Xdrone said:

I like to play super Mario maker, but coz I already play a lot even before the switch, I haven't noticed a difference in how much I play. Also windwaker HD is good too! :) 

I keep forgetting about Mario Maker. We have that too. 

Id like to get it for 3DS when it comes out. 

16 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

The only time I bother to turn on my Wii U is when I get bored of my PC (which is rare). I haven't spent more than a couple minutes on my Wii U since I finished Wind Waker HD almost two years ago.

Aww. Poor Wii U. 

There *are* good games on it, you know. ;)

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

Aww. Poor Wii U. 

There *are* good games on it, you know. ;)

I know but allot of them don't interest me and the ones that do I have either finished multiple times or own somewhere else.

I'm desperately waiting for CEMU to work at 100% with games like Windwaker HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I have a Wii U and would use it more if I didn't have to unplug everything and hide the damn thing every time I'm done playing on it because of my 3 year old brother who has scratched more discs in this house than anyone I've ever known.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

16 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I'm desperately waiting for CEMU to work at 100% with games like Windwaker HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I have a Wii U and would use it more if I didn't have to unplug everything and hide the damn thing every time I'm done playing on it because of my 3 year old brother who has scratched more discs in this house than anyone I've ever known.

You don't have the means to leave it connected but not reachable by his sticky fingers? 

Little kids are annoying sometimes, huh. :)   I'm sure my kid was annoying when he was three, but that was a long time ago and I've probably forgotten. hahah

32 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

I know but allot of them don't interest me and the ones that do I have either finished multiple times or own somewhere else.

Ah.  Well, you could sell it.  Sounds like you're never going to use it again. 

17 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Ah.  Well, you could sell it.  Sounds like you're never going to use it again. 

Nah, I like to keeping my consoles + I might decide I want to play game a later down the road, Xenoblade comes to mind.

Wish I could, but I left my Wii U back in the US.  But I do have an urge to play some more Splatoon and actually get a solid start on Tokyo Mirage Sessions.  Great console imo. 

So question to those who own it, would you say it's worth looking out for one cheap after Christmas? I've noticed while there aren't many games for it, most seem pretty cheap. 

Still playing the Twilight Princess HD which I bought for the Wolf Link Amiibo which I plan to use in Breath of the Wild and I also just bought a brand new copy of Bayonetta 2 for 5€ as well as the larger battery for the gamepad and a pro controller. The WiiU is a great console that should have gotten more support.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

would you say it's worth looking out for one cheap after Christmas?

Hell yes.  For the exclusives. 

You can order a refurb straight from Nintendo.com for $200. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

I've noticed while there aren't many games for it

False. 

There are hundreds of games for it.  Do some of them suck? Sure. Every console (and Steam) has a lot of loser games and a lot of awesome games. 

Search the web for phrases like "best wii u games" or "wii u hidden gems."  

The notion that there aren't any games for it comes from a skewed perception based on the poor sales of the console. (And then of course the haters that are gonna hate.)  There are plenty of rock solid games for it in spite of the console sales numbers. 

12 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Hell yes.  For the exclusives. 

You can order a refurb straight from Nintendo.com for $200. 

False. 

There are hundreds of games for it.  Do some of them suck? Sure. Every console (and Steam) has a lot of loser games and a lot of awesome games. 

Search the web for phrases like "best wii u games" or "wii u hidden gems."  

The notion that there aren't any games for it comes from a skewed perception based on the poor sales of the console. (And then of course the haters that are gonna hate.)  There are plenty of rock solid games for it in spite of the console sales numbers. 

Thanks. I'll go Wii U bargain hunting.

I figured it was a good time to clear my backlog with the Switch announcement. The problem is that between my 3DS and Wii U? There we're only 4 games I hadn't beaten.

So I beat Luigi's Mansion 2. I now have the Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Woody World, Splatoon's single player campaign and Majora's Mask. But the new Animal Crossing DLC just came out so......

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

11 hours ago, skywake said:

I figured it was a good time to clear my backlog with the Switch announcement. The problem is that between my 3DS and Wii U? There we're only 4 games I hadn't beaten.

So I beat Luigi's Mansion 2. I now have the Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Woody World, Splatoon's single player campaign and Majora's Mask. But the new Animal Crossing DLC just came out so......

My son has several 3DS games, but fortunately for my time budget, I'm considering them all his (one exception) and I'm starting from scratch on my own system. The exception is Ocarina of Time.  I borrowed it and I've made decent progress, but it got put aside temporarily.  

I'm nearly finished with YWW, but I've got a few good choices for what's next. I might continue my 49 hours of Lego City. 

Do you have interest in the up-coming Yoshi and Mario Maker for 3DS?  

13 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Do you have interest in the up-coming Yoshi and Mario Maker for 3DS?  

Well I have the Wii U versions of both games so no. I'll probably download the new Pokemon game when that comes out. But beyond that? I don't think I'll get anything new for any Nintendo hardware until the Switch is out. There's just not that much on the horizon. 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing