All USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting Windows 10

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

So I changed my case and cooler from custom water-cooling to an AIO and since the case swap all my USB devices keep disconnecting then reconnecting and then it just repeats again and again. I tried re-installing my chipset drivers, removing the devices and putting them back in but no fix any ideas?

Thanks

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Is this happening with the case's usb ports or the ones on the back of the mobo or both?

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Is this happening with the case's usb ports or the ones on the back of the mobo or both?

The one's on the motherboard I haven't tried the ones on the front of the case yet. I do have a corsair link plugged into the usb 2.0 header don't know if it could be that, the front USB ports are usb 3.0

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

What I was asking is are all of the USB ports giving you trouble or just specific ones?

To try troubleshooting, disconnect any USB devices that aren't your mouse and keyboard (including the corsair link on the motherboard, and any hubs that may be built into your monitor or other devices.) If you don't have problems, start reconnecting the devices one by one to see if you can narrow down a specific device causing issues.

What I was asking is are all of the USB ports giving you trouble or just specific ones?

To try troubleshooting, disconnect any USB devices that aren't your mouse and keyboard (including the corsair link on the motherboard, and any hubs that may be built into your monitor or other devices.) If you don't have problems, start reconnecting the devices one by one to see if you can narrow down a specific device causing issues.

Oh yeah all the ports are doing it everything including USB mic, Controller, Keyboard and Mouse all disconnect at the same time and then reconnect.

Custom PC:

2 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Oh yeah all the ports are doing it everything including USB mic, Controller, Keyboard and Mouse all disconnect at the same time and then reconnect.

Hmmm, tried booting into safe mode yet?

If safe mode gives you the same issues, I'm gonna guess that your board may be on its last legs. If safe mode works, probably a driver issue.

Hmmm, tried booting into safe mode yet?

If safe mode gives you the same issues, I'm gonna guess that your board may be on its last legs. If safe mode works, probably a driver issue.

ah not great then :/ I will try safe mode but it seems to happen more often when the pc is put under stress for example if I open a game it will happen every 5 minutes but if I am on the desktop it can be every 30 minutes to sometimes an hour

Custom PC:

What PSU do you have?
Have you onticed that this happens particularly often when switching other elctrical devices in your room on or off like a lamp?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

What PSU do you have?
Have you onticed that this happens particularly often when switching other elctrical devices in your room on or off like a lamp?

^This. PSU's are notorious for causing weird ass issues like this, definitely worth looking into as well if safe mode doesn't work out.

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

What PSU do you have?

I was using a 1300watt EVGA PSU but I swapped it out for my AX 750 as I was lucky enough to win a 1080 in a competition so didn't really need the extra power now I've got rid of my SLI

Custom PC:

1 minute ago, PeggersXtreme said:

I was using a 1300watt EVGA PSU but I swapped it out for my AX 750 as I was lucky enough to win a 1080 in a competition so didn't really need the extra power now I've got rid of my SLI

Weird? Those are pretty decent ... has it started happening after the swap/ did you change PSU along side the case?
What about the electricly driven devices question?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Weird? Those are pretty decent ... has it started happening after the swap/ did you change PSU along side the case?
What about the electricly driven devices question?

Yeah it has happened since I switched power supply didn't cross my mind that it could be the power supply :/ And as for the other question doesn't seem to be happening with any other electrical devices only thing on in the room is the ceiling light and that doesn't seem to have any impact whether it's on or off

Custom PC:

1 minute ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Yeah it has happened since I switched power supply didn't cross my mind that it could be the power supply :/ And as for the other question doesn't seem to be happening with any other electrical devices only thing on in the room is the ceiling light and that doesn't seem to have any impact whether it's on or off

It is not about it being on or off. It is about switching it on or off.

3.Use

It is not about it being on or off. It is about switching it on or off.

ah no doesn't do anything when I switch it on or off

Custom PC:

Just now, PeggersXtreme said:

ah no doesn't do anything when I switch it on or off

... If it is the PSU (mine does this too just a little bit different) then there should be something causing that. You have not noticed any patterns, have you?
Do you still have the old PSU?

How long do you have the new PSU? Maybe consider retunring it?

3.Use

6 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

... If it is the PSU (mine does this too just a little bit different) then there should be something causing that. You have not noticed any patterns, have you?

I still have the old PSU and the AX 750 is about 3 years old it's the original AX series with the gold sticker on the side rather than the new ones that have the red sticker on the side.

Custom PC:

9 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I just unplugged my USB hub and it hasn't done it again yet but I will need to try a game and see if it disconnects in a game.

Custom PC:

20 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Nope still doing it i'll try switching out the PSU and report back

Custom PC:

USB HUB ... maybe that is the culprit or does it disconnect EVERYTHING?

Does your USB hub have a separate powersuppls? What is plugged into it?

3.Use

35 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

it's everything I just switched the power supply going to launch a game to put a bit of stress on the PC as that seems to be what makes it worse

Custom PC:

35 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

The USB hub was just a plug and play one no extra power I used it to extend the cable on my Xbox controller didn't plug anything else into it, the cable for my xbox controller is quite short I need to buy a longer one lol but it was a temp fix till I can get one :) 

Custom PC:

Just now, PeggersXtreme said:

The USB hub was just a plug and play one no extra power I used it to extend the cable on my Xbox controller didn't plug anything else into it, the cable for my xbox controller is quite short I need to buy a longer one lol but it was a temp fix till I can get one :) 

I am running out of ideas ... Sry.
I don't think this has anything to do with the hub then.

3.Use

11 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I am running out of ideas ... Sry.
I don't think this has anything to do with the hub then.

Well it's stopped doing it after switching my powersupply, Kind of confused why the pc even turned on if it was the other power supply

Custom PC:

5 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Well it's stopped doing it after switching my powersupply, Kind of confused why the pc even turned on if it was the other power supply

There are different rails. USB has 5V so it obviously is a problem in the 5V Rail but if which sorts?? I have no idea but if that fixes the problem ... Great!

3.Use

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

There are different rails. USB has 5V so it obviously is a problem in the 5V Rail but if which sorts?? I have no idea but if that fixes the problem ... Great!

ah right so some of those pins on the 24pin connector are powered of the 5v rail specially for the USB and rear i/o?

Custom PC: