LGA 775 Mobo

Hi,

i am looking for a good lga 775 motherboard that is capable of some good over clocking and can support 8gb ram.

Any recomendations? (Planning on doing lga 771 to 775 mod and overclocking Xeon)

edit: not looking for the best one either because it will be a budget build

Thanks very much!

10 minutes ago, Aaron2001 said:

Hi,

i am looking for a good lga 775 motherboard that is capable of some good over clocking and can support 8gb ram.

Any recomendations? (Planning on doing lga 771 to 775 mod and overclocking Xeon)

Thanks very much!

what is the maximum amount that you want to pay or it?

the best way is to search for yourself or at least from witch country you are since not everything from the "secound hand market" is available everywhere 

(best look at brian TC channel in youtube for good 775 mbs)

16 minutes ago, Aaron2001 said:

For a good one you are looking at $50 to $75USD for a board that will have support, you are better off getting a lga 1156/1155 cpu, such as a nehelam i5, or sandybridge i3, and motherboard as they will be cheaper and perform better, and offer better features such as sata 6gbps.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

10 minutes ago, komar said:

the best way is to search for yourself or at least from witch country you are since not everything from the "secound hand market" is available everywhere 

(best look at brian TC channel in youtube for good 775 mbs)

I got this idea from his channel. He used a p5q mobo but I want to see if there are any other options

30 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

what is the maximum amount that you want to pay or it?

Prob gonna go on hardware swap and pay 50 or less for ram and mobo combo

1 hour ago, Aaron2001 said:

I got this idea from his channel. He used a p5q mobo but I want to see if there are any other options

he did more than 1 video about 775 socket so you have a lot of choices + as he says "i love my xeons" i bet that in the future he will release even more

Are there any other choices I have as to different cpus or motherboards to make a more powerful combo?

I have a Foxconn P43a that has 4 DDR2 slots and overclocks really well. Supports all the 771 Xeons too :)

Also, Are there any good ddr2 ram sticks that will be fine for overclocking and again not break the bank?

11 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I have a Foxconn P43a that has 4 DDR2 slots and overclocks really well. Supports all the 771 Xeons too :)

Thanks for the option I'm not sure what I'm going to do. How much are you looking for it?

5 minutes ago, Aaron2001 said:

Thanks for the option I'm not sure what I'm going to do. How much are you looking for it?

It was just a suggestion, I'm not planning on selling it. Considering I have problems with it being picky on RAM, you probably wouldn't want it anyway. Some sticks can be intermittent, I think the contact in the slots have lost the springyness.

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

It was just a suggestion, I'm not planning on selling it. Considering I have problems with it being picky on RAM, you probably wouldn't want it anyway. Some sticks can be intermittent, I think the contact in the slots have lost the springyness.

Ah ok. Thank you for the suggestion!