Job as IT supporter in Canada (I come from DK)

Hello LTT Forum. My name is Thomas, I currently live in Denmark and work as IT supporter,, I have been working here for some years and want to work a coupe of more years here and then I would like tom work in another country as a IT supporter and here Cana comes into my mind as the people here is a bit smilair to Danish people. I would like to hear if anybody have any experince in coming from another country and work as a Onsite IT-supporter for a company, I would also like to hear from people who comes from canada how the Job situation is regarding getting a Onsite IT-supporter job, also does anybody have any experince in general in getting a work permit for canada.

Hope this is in the right sub forum otherweise admins please move it.

Welcome to the forums (and potentially our great country as well)

I have been working as tech support for a major Canadian university for 8 years now. I cant really speak as an outsider since I have been living in Canada since I was a kid, but I can definitely say that there are tons of opportunities for tech support roles. Its one of those jobs that are required more and more every year. I have had several colleagues leave working here, and most of them find a new job in the same field within a month.

Best of luck!

When in doubt, re-format.

Well if its a skilled job that can not be filled by all means.

I love Denmark!

Canada has a 10% unemployment rate at the moment.

Most IT jobs except for the very trivial or the insanely specialized receive 50-100 local applicants, even if only minimally advertised, in Canada. 

As a white person from out of the country, unless you have a special contact with someone prior to arriving in Canada, forget about finding employment in the sector.

Work permits aren't that hard to obtain, and the government really doesn't check on employers to see if they're lying about trying to find Canadians or not.  But the employer has to be on-board.  Typically they do this for candidates from India because they can pay them little, but I doubt they'd do it for a European.

16 hours ago, Niemand said:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss01a-eng.htm

and two provinces that really matter

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss01c-eng.htm

Employers are looking for the cheapest labour possible, with employee's that can blend in aka assimilate, that being said, depending on the skillset and enviroment, that means speak clear, precise, fluent english. Industries that do not care, fast food, department stores like Walmart.

Hey All. Sorry for not replying back thught it would send me emails one someone replyed.

@Mark77 that does not sound that good, hmm does anybody have an idea what my approach should be if you say it that way, maybe this is a pretty impossible task unless I know someone in Canada.

Save up,  get work permit ,  take any job and I mean any. . .  Then start looking for a tech job and get extended  work permit or whatever its called/needed . Or. . .  Find a danish /international company that needs a danish onsite tech i  their canadian branch . 

Getting a job  without being able to personally attend an interview is usually reserved for jobs high on the coporate ladder 

2 hours ago, NoobCase said:

Save up,  get work permit ,  take any job and I mean any. . .  Then start looking for a tech job and get extended  work permit or whatever its called/needed . Or. . .  Find a danish /international company that needs a danish onsite tech i  their canadian branch . 

Getting a job  without being able to personally attend an interview is usually reserved for jobs high on the coporate ladder 

yea that makes sense, what jobs is easy to get besides working at Macdonalds, with will be no option as I hate the food and smell.

39 minutes ago, Thomaslje said:

yea that makes sense, what jobs is easy to get besides working at Macdonalds, with will be no option as I hate the food and smell.

Construction worker, Warehouse guy, working in a music store if you know lots about gear. Pretty much anything that requires little to no knowledge of a certain suspect