Best CPU for my favorite game Star Citizen Question

After watching Reverse the Verse - Special Edition here - 

and the new October Subscribers town hall here - 

I got the impression that buying anything more than a 6 core CPU would be a waste of money and that the game won't be using anything past 6 cores with hyper thread. Is this true or not? If money was no object, and I had a choice between a CPU with 6 cores with 3.6GHz or a CPU 8 with 3.2GHz which one should I buy for Star Citizen, and why?  Also what do they mean when they say Parallelization?

If anyone could help out, I would really appreciate it...  Thank you.

I wouldn't worry about it now since the game still likely has at least another year of development. Parallelization essentially means completing tasks in parallel rather than in series.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

12 minutes ago, rsly75 said:

-snip-

If money was no object, and I had a choice between a CPU with 6 cores with 3.6GHz or a CPU 8 with 3.2GHz which one should I buy for Star Citizen, and why?

well...you get more cores, but less Ghz per core, and if SC doesnt use more than 6 cores, than the 6Core would be better. id say honestly, wait. the game will be more optimized in the near future

Despite gamedesigners shifting more and more towards multithreaded workloads, it will be several years before it really gets there. These days for gaming it is still that anything from 4 threads and up is enough, with diminishing returns per core usage with more cores. Higher clockspeeds is overall more usefull currently then more then 4 cores when considering gaming.

Henche why a 6700k is a better gaming chip then the 6 core/ 12 threads 6800k for example (apart from architecture differences). But thats why go unlocked for OCing is good idea...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

58 minutes ago, rsly75 said:

If money was no object, and I had a choice between a CPU with 6 cores with 3.6GHz or a CPU 8 with 3.2GHz which one should I buy for Star Citizen, and why?

We know very, very little about how Star Citizen is going to run at launch. It's still so far away from that point, and final optimization is likely to be one of the last things they do to it. But for most games, architecture tends to matter more than core counts or frequency. The answers will be different if your 6- and 8-core CPUs are an FX-6350 and FX-8320E, or if you're talking about an i7-6850K vs. i7-6900K.

If you want a really generic theoretical answer, most games today would still probably run better on a CPU with 4 really fast cores than 6–8 somewhat slow cores. That said, in the current market that scenario really only represents something like an i5 or i7 vs. a low-clocked Xeon. You usually don't really face a choice like that. Most consumer CPUs with more cores are as fast or faster than the ones with lower core counts (or they're at least within overclocking distance).

I am looking for the newest CPU's like the I7's I think... I'm really clueless when it comes to CPU's.  any help would be awesome.  Thanks.

Well go 6700k, can never go bad. It's the best gaming CPU, but a i5 6600K is also great. So would depend most on budget.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Thank you guys so much for your information. I really appreciate it.