What components should i get?

Bobby Fett

I would want a nice pc that can run Minecraft. What things should i get? I want at least an i5 core and a see through case that is quite and easy for begginers to make. I would like a i5, gtx 970+ and a 500g SSD or 256g SSD with 1-2tb of hard drive. Im a high school student and like to play games and do work on computers, i currently use a MacBook air which get to 100 degrees celsius while playing Minecraft!!! please help i would really appreciate if someone could give me all the specs for a quite and mid-ranged pc that has a glass case. I have own mouse and all get a keyboard. Please recommend a monitor as well pls. 

We need to know the budget first.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Why would you want a GTX 970 to run minecraft? Also we need to know how much you want to spend.

1) Unless English isn't your main language, or even if it isn't, please try to revise your topic as it makes it easier for community members to work with.
2) You don't need a 970 for Minecraft, its mainly CPU dependant and requires little to non graphics processing.

3) Define a glass case? A full glass? or just a side panel?

So on this note, I will take what you have vaguely described and do my best.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/H94fm8

Component Selection Base Price Promo Shipping Tax Price    
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $239.99   $0.99   $240.98 ($3.99 more than SuperBiiz) Buy
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.99 -$5.00 FREE   $24.99 ($0.11 more than OutletPC) Buy
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $49.99 -$10.00 $1.99   $41.98   Buy
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $79.99 -$6.00 FREE   $73.99   Buy
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99   FREE   $94.99 ($0.10 more than OutletPC) Buy
  Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $74.00   FREE   $74.00 ($5.00 more than B&H) Buy
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card $126.99   $4.99   $131.98 ($5.00 more than Directron) Buy
Case NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case $74.99 -$5.00 FREE   $69.99 ($3.00 more than SuperBiiz) Buy
Power Supply EVGA BQ 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $64.99 -$15.00 $5.99   $55.98   Buy
Total (9 / 9 Items): $808.88

You can pickup any old monitor, its only Minecraft after all, so any standard 1080p one will be fine.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

for minecraft you don't need an i5. minecraft runs on java, it only uses 1 core of your processor. Get an i3 6100 + GTX 1050TI/RX470 if all you plan on doing is light gaming and minecraft.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

37 minutes ago, Killervolt said:

Why would you want a GTX 970 to run minecraft? Also we need to know how much you want to spend.

for minecraft you don't need an i5. minecraft runs on java, it only uses 1 core of your processor. Get an i3 6100 if all you plan on doing is light gaming and minecraft.

Just because he said it gets to 100 degress playing Minecraft doesn't mean he ONLY plays minecraft.

22 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

1) Unless English isn't your main language, or even if it isn't, please try to revise your topic as it makes it easier for community members to work with.
2) You don't need a 970 for Minecraft, its mainly CPU dependant and requires little to non graphics processing.

3) Define a glass case? A full glass? or just a side panel?

So on this note, I will take what you have vaguely described and do my best.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/H94fm8

-snips-

up any old monitor, its only Minecraft after all, so any standard 1080p one will be fine.

Use the 'BB' button to generate a list that the forums will like. Also, that list is quite imbalanced in terms of the CPU.

@Bobby Fett What games do you play?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

light-medium gaming. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PpXrcc 

medium-heavy http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2XK98K

heavy-ultra http://pcpartpicker.com/list/QT2cM8

feel free to edit/suggest different. all I would do differently is for the medium-heavy, GTX 1060. heavy-ultra swap the 6600k with a 6700k. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD