Black pixelation/artifacts when I play videos/GIFS

BarbecueGamer

Running on the latest Windows 10 64 bit, using Google Chrome. Brand new PC that I just built 2 weeks ago. Build link if useful- http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WBGv4C

I installed my motherboard drivers via the CD that came with my motherboard, not sure if that could be the reason why. 

Screenshots of the issue- http://i.imgur.com/2sPtJ8m.png http://i.imgur.com/tzE7yYF.png

It only happens with some YouTube videos and GIFS, it also goes away after a few seconds and then plays flawlessly. It's been happening since day 1 but I've just been ignoring it until now. No other issues in anything else, gaming works perfect. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Saw a few posts with these problems earleir aswell. All mentioned Chrome. So try different browser like Firefox and see if the same problem is there.

Also if you run latest Nvidia drivers ( not sure what your GPU is) some seem to have similar problems aswell, what could be solved by rolling back if I remember correctly. Not sure if and when this applies, so might be unrelated.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

This is happening to me on Chrome as well, I think it only appeared after updating to the latest Nvidia drivers so that may be a reason for it.

15 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Update GPU drivers, turn off hardware acceleration in chrome, reinstall chrome

Thank you for the quick reply, I really do appreciate it. I guess it only happens in Chrome, I'm glad nothing is wrong with my hardware. 

10 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Saw a few posts with these problems earleir aswell. All mentioned Chrome. So try different browser like Firefox and see if the same problem is there.

Also if you run latest Nvidia drivers ( not sure what your GPU is) some seem to have similar problems aswell, what could be solved by rolling back if I remember correctly. Not sure if and when this applies, so might be unrelated.

Thank you SO much! I didn't even think to try a different browser to see if it was just a problem with Chrome. I'm very happy there's nothing wrong with my hardware. Thank you so much for your answer! I sincerely appreciate it! 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is happening to me on Chrome as well, I think it only appeared after updating to the latest Nvidia drivers so that may be a reason for it.

Yea, I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the latest Nvidia drivers/GeForce Experience. Since I just built my PC I don't really know what the old GeForce Experience was like but I'll probably downgrade to it soon. Thank you for your post, good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. :)

13 minutes ago, BarbecueGamer said:

Yea, I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the latest Nvidia drivers/GeForce Experience. Since I just built my PC I don't really know what the old GeForce Experience was like but I'll probably downgrade to it soon. Thank you for your post, good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. :)

Old Geforce Experience sucked but you can install the driver without GFE.

Yeah I don't use Geforce Experience. And drivers messing up, well that happens sometimes with everything. Doing fresh install with Nvidia is overall no biggie.

But seeing your reaction I asume switching browser helped?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Old Geforce Experience sucked but you can install the driver without GFE.

Probably a stupid question but just to be certain, I simply right click in programs and click on uninstall- KLjLD7S.png 

correct? 

Also, should I keep the current drivers I have or download specific older drivers? And is there any drivers I shouldn't have and don't need that would affect gaming performance? 

Just now, BarbecueGamer said:

Probably a stupid question but just to be certain, I simply right click in programs and click on uninstall- KLjLD7S.png 

correct? 

Also, should I keep the current drivers I have or download specific older drivers? And is there any drivers I shouldn't have and don't need that would affect gaming performance? 

I would use DDU to uninstall the drivers because it does a better job of wiping everything related to them. As for what specific version of driver to use, I dunno. Ask someone like @Lays who probably knows way more.

15 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Yeah I don't use Geforce Experience. And drivers messing up, well that happens sometimes with everything. Doing fresh install with Nvidia is overall no biggie.

But seeing your reaction I asume switching browser helped?

Yup! Switching browsers fixed the problem, I'll continue to use Chrome though since it's not a huge issue, I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my hardware. :)

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I would use DDU to uninstall the drivers because it does a better job of wiping everything related to them. As for what specific version of driver to use, I dunno. Ask someone like @Lays who probably knows way more.

Good to know! Thank you very much! I'll be sure to use DDU. And thank you for the referral, I really do appreciate it. 

Good to hear. As mentioned use DDU for display drivers to be certain, but when you do the install of Nvidia drivers and select manual install you can specify a clean install.. That overall works well enough.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list