Corsair Carbide 400C. Airflow?

MrHelpMeOut

Hey,

I'm going to buy the Corsair carbide 400C.

It comes with one 120 and one 140mm fan.

Do I need to buy one more fan for my rig? I'd just like  to buy an extra 140mm white LED fan, to match the colour of my GPU.

-> gtx 1070, i5 4460. (not OC, cuz I cant :D)

Also, when I got 3 fans: 2x 140mm and 1 120mm, where do i need to place them? one 140mm + 1 120mm at the top of my case (exhaust) and 1 140mm fan at the front of my case (intake)? WIll the airflow then be ok?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, MrHelpMeOut said:

-SNIP-

Usually it is desirable to have positive air pressure, more intake than exhaust with filter intakes to prevent dust inflation. Having for example two 140mm intakes and two exhaust out top is a good option. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Usually it is desirable to have positive air pressure, more intake than exhaust with filter intakes to prevent dust inflation. Having for example two 140mm intakes and two exhaust out top are a good option. 

oh, ok, I see! Also, will one 120 + one 140 intake and one 120 + 140mm exhaust be ok? Then Ill only need to buy 2 new fans.. :)

Just now, MrHelpMeOut said:

oh, ok, I see! Also, will one 120 + one 140 intake and one 120 + 140mm exhaust be ok? Then Ill only need to buy 2 new fans.. :)

Yeah it's not a hard and set rule you can do that also, but having two 140mm intakes make it a little simpler since they will have more intake volume than exhaust naturally without having to adjust the RPM's to ensure the intake is always more than the exhaust.

Just now, W-L said:

Yeah it's not a hard and set rule you can do that also, but having two 140mm intakes make it a little simpler since they will have more intake volume than exhaust naturally without having to adjust the RPM's to ensure the intake is always more than the exhaust.

I was ninja'd...

:(

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, MrHelpMeOut said:

just leave 140mm in the front, get another 140mm for the front as intake. and leave the 120mm at the back for exhaust.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 minute ago, W-L said:

alrighty then! ty for answering and have an awesome day!

Your current fans should be fine already. See how they perform first and you can decide whether or not to get more fans later. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your current fans should be fine already. See how they perform first and you can decide whether or not to get more fans later. 

ok :-)