Is the Astro Mixamp Pro TR worth it?

MValuableP

Howdy folks!

I'm looking at sound cards, DACs and AMPS, and I am a bit confused about them.

Then another questions is, does the Astro mixamp do good or is it some overpriced bullshit that just has Astro written on it which makes it "worth more"? And does it even do the same thing? I'm looking to play BOTH pc and PS4 games, which the Astro makes possible by being able to connect to both and use the mix amp for customization of the settings. Do other external DACs (with AMPs built in please) do the same job of being able to connect to my PS4 at the same time though only being plugged in to my computer?

Thanks in advance you beautiful humans

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Unless you're not satisfied with your onboard audio, sound cards in general aren't worth it.

But the main question is if they work with both my ps4 and my computer at the same time? I know the Astro mixamp does, but do others?

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN.