- Intel i5 6600K 3.5GHz

- Hyper 212X CPU Cooler

- ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard

- 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM

- EVGA GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Card

- Corsair VS550 AXT Power Supply

- NZXT Source 210 Elite

and a few other parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LFrL7h

When I try to boot the PC, the red SB_PWR LED is on, red and breathing. But pressing the on button OR shorting the board from the pwr_switch header doesn't do ANYTHING.

No noise, beeps, fans or extra lights - just nothing.

I have tried taking out one and both RAM sticks, removing the GPU and the hard drive, to no luck.

I have reseated all plugged in cables. 

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by rcal674
posted too early!

Pull the whole board and set it onto its cardboard box or another non-conductive surface, and try to power it on from there. If it powers on, you know something was shorting out on the case itself. Also, check and make sure your power supply can turn on; Use the paper clip method to test it without the motherboard. If the fan doesn't spin (this PSU doesn't have a fanless mode), then that's more than likely the issue.

6 minutes ago, tlink said:

check the indicator lights. it shows where the process halts on POST

There is nothing on boot. No indicator lights what so ever.

1 minute ago, Runefox said:

Pull the whole board and set it onto its cardboard box or another non-conductive surface, and try to power it on from there. If it powers on, you know something was shorting out on the case itself. Also, check and make sure your power supply can turn on; Use the paper clip method to test it without the motherboard. If the fan doesn't spin (this PSU doesn't have a fanless mode), then that's more than likely the issue.

I put a PSU which I know is working into the build and it still doesn't boot at all.

I might do the cardboard box test just to see if anything on the case is shorting the board.

1 minute ago, rcal674 said:

There is nothing on boot. No indicator lights what so ever.

I put a PSU which I know is working into the build and it still doesn't boot at all.

I might do the cardboard box test just to see if anything on the case is shorting the board.

there are always indicator lights. did you read the manual?

30 minutes ago, tlink said:

there are always indicator lights. did you read the manual?

What @rcal674 is saying is that the system doesn't even power on. It stays in standby the whole time, so the only indicator light is that there's power to the board. Nothing is starting up at all.

1 minute ago, Runefox said:

What @rcal674 is saying is that the system doesn't even power on. It stays in standby the whole time, so the only indicator light is that there's power to the board. Nothing is starting up at all.

ah okay, thats why i said it. if there is no indicator light on than there just isn't any power but that wouldn't make sense since the aesthetic lights where functioning :). if the power light is on but it wont run post in any way than your mobo is faulty. try shorting the pwr_on pins on the 24 pin atx power plug since it could be that the traces are just damaged or something.