computer upgrade for cheap

So i have a question What should i upgrade on my pc.. I have a 170$ (CAD) budget And at the moment I have a asrock ddr2 lga 775 motherboard And My cpu is a core 2 duo e8400 At 3,00ghz And A stock intel heatsink. And 4gb of ddr2 ram. My gpu is a gt630 2gb And it works pretty well! I dont know what i should upgrade Because i have a small budget. Im not really looking for pc masterace specs But i would like to get good qualityish Graphics And good fps when i am Streaming and recording. At the moment I get a average 40/60 fps in rigs of rods And 30/40 fps in Ats on medium settings With 300% scaling. Let me know What would be the best  upgrade. the most i can spend is 190$ And another thing i would like is being able to run some bigger title games!    I  Do do a bit of video editing and 3d design so I would like to maybe be able to do this with ease.

depends on what CPUs can go in that motherboard but i would get a Xeon of ebay, 771 to 755 mod and then get better heatsink and overclock away basically, and if there is money over more RAM

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I would get a Core 2 Quad for now, one with a decent cooler.  Then get a better GPU later.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

you have to say all your specs, mobo and psu name especially

i would go for an X5450/60 they are very cheap, like 20-25$, and if you want to overclock, you can get an old 775 cooler for 5-10 $ 

the perfect combo for this old CPU is a new 1050ti or a cheap used 960, if you overclock it to like 3.6/3.9 ghz

if you don't wanna oc the cpu, the rx 460 is the best choice.

editing programs heat ram like crazy, so 2 or 4 gb more are good.

25 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I would get a Core 2 Quad for now, one with a decent cooler.  Then get a better GPU later.  

why better gpu later? the gt630 is very weak.. an integrated gpu on cpu is better than that gpu..  

I would like To OC my cpu  Maybe a diy watercooling setup? I want to spend only like 170 for a Cpu And gpu combo If There is enough but if not enough for A Gpu and cpu combo Than Maybe A cpu and diy watercooling And Ram combo

I would like To OC my cpu  Maybe a diy watercooling setup? I want to spend only like 170 for a Cpu And gpu combo If There is enough but if not enough for A Gpu and cpu combo Than Maybe A cpu and diy watercooling And Ram combo MOBO is asrock g31m-s

29 minutes ago, vtecf20c said:

why better gpu later? the gt630 is very weak.. an integrated gpu on cpu is better than that gpu..  

Because a Core 2 Duo can't do much anymore.  GHG did a video with it, paired with a decent GPU.. it's wasn't good.  A Core 2 Quad will do so much better

12 minutes ago, Jo_SimTek said:

There ya go, it's showing only $35 for me.  I'd then get something like a 750 ti or an RX 460 then with the leftover money.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 hours ago, Jo_SimTek said:

I would like To OC my cpu  Maybe a diy watercooling setup? I want to spend only like 170 for a Cpu And gpu combo If There is enough but if not enough for A Gpu and cpu combo Than Maybe A cpu and diy watercooling And Ram combo MOBO is asrock g31m-s

you don't need a watercooler for oc those old quad, i have my E5450 at 3.9 ghz with a 7€ Zalman cnps9700 , and in stress test does't go over 60C 

your mobo support the 771 mod, so go for the X5460, it's less expensive than the q9500 and faster 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Intel-Xeon-X5460-3-16GHz-Quad-Core-SLBBA-AT80574KJ087N-Processor-w-Grease-/272422158256?hash=item3f6da03fb0:g:qEoAAOSwYmZXLeDn

most branded aftermarket air cooler will make you oc it at like 3.6-3.9 ghz without problems.

something like this 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/JHV48d/deepcool-cpu-cooler-gammaxx300

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/vptCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrtx3e22pkr1

or an used Scythe, Coolermaster, Zalman 

and the 460 cost 140$ , but  i think if you wait some days it will drop a bit the price, on US the price is 89$.. 

i would suggest you to upgrade everthing together , upgrading only cpu or gpu it's useless.

if you want the xeon, go read guides for the mod before buying it.

9 hours ago, Jo_SimTek said:

So i have a question What should i upgrade on my pc.. I have a 170$ (CAD) budget And at the moment I have a asrock ddr2 lga 775 motherboard And My cpu is a core 2 duo e8400 At 3,00ghz And A stock intel heatsink. And 4gb of ddr2 ram. My gpu is a gt630 2gb And it works pretty well! I dont know what i should upgrade Because i have a small budget. Im not really looking for pc masterace specs But i would like to get good qualityish Graphics And good fps when i am Streaming and recording. At the moment I get a average 40/60 fps in rigs of rods And 30/40 fps in Ats on medium settings With 300% scaling. Let me know What would be the best  upgrade. the most i can spend is 190$ And another thing i would like is being able to run some bigger title games!    I  Do do a bit of video editing and 3d design so I would like to maybe be able to do this with ease.

My recomendatons:

-The MSI GTX 1050(non TI) because it outperforms the rx 460,doesnt need a 6-pin power connector,is small and looks nice!

-4 more GIGs of ddr2 RAM since you can get them pretty cheap.Option2Option2

-A EVGA power supply(when on sale)