Audio on left speaker is way more quiet than the right speaker at low volumes

JorenBus

So I've posted this before, but the problem didn't get fixed.

I have my monitor sandwiched between 2 speakers. These are Logitech Z200 speakers.

When I'm playing music/watching a movie on low volume, the sound seems to come primarely out of the right speaker.

There does come sound out of the left speaker, but it's much quieter than the right one.

When I raise the volume up, the issue resolves itself and then it seems like the sound is coming from directly in front of me, as it should be. When I lower the volume again, the right speaker dominates again.

Is there any fix to this? This happens when I'm listening to music via Spotify, when I'm watching a movie, when I'm watching a Youtube video,...

The balance in Windows is also set correctly.

This is pretty annoying, does anyone have a fix?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Sounds like Channel imbalance.

This is usually happens at lower volumes on certain amplifiers.  AFAIK the only solution is to find a different amp, or leave it at the volume where it doesn't occur.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

2 hours ago, Lays said:

Sounds like Channel imbalance.

This is usually happens at lower volumes on certain amplifiers.  AFAIK the only solution is to find a different amp, or leave it at the volume where it doesn't occur.

I don't have an amp atm. The speakers are in my dorm room, so playing music louder isn't an option. So basically I'm screwed? I do have headphones but I like to listen to music without them from time to time.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

1 minute ago, JorenBus said:

I don't have an amp atm. The speakers are in my dorm room, so playing music louder isn't an option. So basically I'm screwed? I do have headphones but I like to listen to music without them from time to time.

Lower the volume in windows. The issue comes from the potentiometer in the speaker volume control, so if you lower the windows volume and raise the speaker volume, that should fix all of that.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Lower the volume in windows. The issue comes from the potentiometer in the speaker volume control, so if you lower the windows volume and raise the speaker volume, that should fix all of that.

Ohh okay I will test that when I get home, thanks a lot!