HOWS THIS PC LOOKING?

Hi,

please help me out by commenting some suggestions about any changes!

I'm in Australia (all these prices are AU dollar)

Main use is gaming

Budget - $950AU

ALSO THE GPU IM GETTING IS A GTX 970 XTREME GAMING 4GB, I'm getting it for $50 Australian! (off a friend)

Thanks in advance! :)

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 6.07.02 PM.png

this is pretty decent, i would add an SSD either 120GB or 240GB, something like an UV400 could do you good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

this is pretty decent, i would add an SSD either 120GB or 240GB, something like an UV400 could do you good

ok thanks i'll think about the ssd

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

The build looks very good and the GPU deal is fantastic. I'd add an SSD if I were you- you NEED one these days!

yep thatll be one of my first upgrades maybe with the ram

great build for your budget

like everyone suggested, you need some king of ssd

Samsung evo 850 250gb is one of the best, so check that out if you can afford it. Maybe now now, but later buy it as upgrade.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Go with 1 stick of 8gb memory for easier upgrade to 16gb.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz or G.Skill Value 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4-2133

If you're getting an SSD, the Crucial MX300 is sitting at a very good price. Consider getting it first and add the HDD later so you won't have to reinstall your OS.

You also won't be able to use your monitor's Freesync feature with an Nvidia card.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

26 minutes ago, antisleep said:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz or G.Skill Value 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4-2133

If you're getting an SSD, the Crucial MX300 is sitting at a very good price. Consider getting it first and add the HDD later so you won't have to reinstall your OS.

You also won't be able to use your monitor's Freesync feature with an Nvidia card.

1. Is this ram ok? https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-8gb-1x-8gb-ddr4-2133mhz-desktop-memory-ct8g4dfd8213-ab56477

2. WOW! those ssd's are cheap!

3. What's a monitor you would recommend me that is the same price range (remembering i'm in australia)

44 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

great build for your budget

like everyone suggested, you need some king of ssd

Samsung evo 850 250gb is one of the best, so check that out if you can afford it. Maybe now now, but later buy it as upgrade.

is this ssd good?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-mx300-275gb-25-sata-iii-ssd-with-adapter-ct275mx300ssd1-ab86881

also is this ram ok?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-8gb-1x-8gb-ddr4-2133mhz-desktop-memory-ct8g4dfd8213-ab56477

39 minutes ago, himynameistree said:

I checked on your website and samsung evo 850 would cost you 40% more for 40% more performance.

So it's a good SSD that you picked for this price :)

Also RAM is just fine :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

I checked on your website and samsung evo 850 would cost you 40% more for 40% more performance.

when you say 40% better performance, what makes it better performance, the speed?

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

also could you please recommend me a good monitor that is the the $170AU price range? Someone said the one I chose is bad because nvidia doesn't support freesync

preferably the monitor would have audio jacks

3 minutes ago, himynameistree said:

when you say 40% better performance, what makes it better performance, the speed?

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-250GB-vs-Crucial-MX300-275GB/2977vs3642

Check at those numbers and take 5min of your time to read a bit.

It would be faster read and write speeds, but also faster access time, less delay, better life span and better warranty.

Overall it's around 40% better based on performance. Link above should give you all the details about that.

On that website there were 55'000 benchmarks done with samsung evo 850, while with MX300 only around 350 tests. So based on that you can already see that samsung evo 850 is the most popular ssd on the market.

So if you can pay those 40$ more, go for it and you will have one of the best SATA SSD in your system. If not, just buy MX300 and you are still looking at better performance than any HDD.

1 minute ago, himynameistree said:

also could you please recommend me a good monitor that is the the $170AU price range? Someone said the one I chose is bad because nvidia doesn't support freesync

preferably the monitor would have audio jacks

I'm not expert with monitors, but if it does have freesync, it doesn't mean it needs to use it. You can still use monitor with your nvidia card, but you won't be able to use freesync feature. Monitor will still work :)

Just try to find some monitor with audio input, and as low respond time as possible. 1ms would be perfect, 5ms would be normal.

And ofc. refresh rate ... the higher, the better.

Contrast/IPS/TN ... about that you should do some research or ask someone else for his opinion, because I'm not expert on those details.

You can even open new thread in monitors and siplay subsection on this forum. I bet someone experienced will be able to give you better advice.

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 hours ago, antisleep said:

MX300 isnt that good, UV400 is a better pick

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

cool so its better for the same price

Just now, himynameistree said:

cool so its better for the same price

not sure if its the same but my UV400 240GB was less then a MX300 240GB and i would trust it more then the MX300 tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

not sure if its the same but my UV400 240GB was less then a MX300 240GB and i would trust it more then the MX300 tbh

ok

1 hour ago, himynameistree said:

1. Is this ram ok? https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-8gb-1x-8gb-ddr4-2133mhz-desktop-memory-ct8g4dfd8213-ab56477

2. WOW! those ssd's are cheap!

3. What's a monitor you would recommend me that is the same price range (remembering i'm in australia)

1. Yeah but it's got that ugly green pcb, might as well get the cheaper G.Skill ram I suggested.

3. Try this: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/viewsonic-vx2363smhl-23-full-hd-ips-led-monitor-black-ab88338

IPS panel(better color range and wider viewing angles) with 2ms response time, has audio input and output

51 minutes ago, himynameistree said:

In real world performance like boot time, loading applications and games - you're looking at only a few seconds difference. I think the MX300 is just right for your budget.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Really? They're both TLC SSDs and I doubt the UV400 is that much faster and not to mention it has less capacity.

Just now, antisleep said:

Really? They're both TLC SSDs and I doubt the UV400 is that much faster and not to mention it has less capacity.

when i was looking around for a new SSD it seemed better then the MX300, i remember seeing lots of bad stuff about the MX300 but nothing about the UV400 and reviews seemed more positive thats why i got it, and it was quite a bit cheaper then the MX300 when i got mine too 

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

when i was looking around for a new SSD it seemed better then the MX300, i remember seeing lots of bad stuff about the MX300 but nothing about the UV400 and reviews seemed more positive thats why i got it, and it was quite a bit cheaper then the MX300 when i got mine too 

Was expecting to be shown numbers instead of sentiments. Bad stuff like what exactly? The MX300 had higher cost/gigabyte a couple months back but recently prices have gone down that it's worth considering over other entry level SSDs.

Hmmm...

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Kingston-SSDNow-UV400-240GB-vs-Crucial-MX300-275GB/m137815vs3642

4 hours ago, antisleep said:

Was expecting to be shown numbers instead of sentiments. Bad stuff like what exactly? The MX300 had higher cost/gigabyte a couple months back but recently prices have gone down that it's worth considering over other entry level SSDs.

Hmmm...

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Kingston-SSDNow-UV400-240GB-vs-Crucial-MX300-275GB/m137815vs3642

well i dont remember where i got my data from tbh so i guess i dont have much to back up my claims lol

Builds:

Spoiler