Need help with Silent Gaming PC

Hey guys!

I'm sick of my old trash PC.. so I wanna build a new PC for the first time by myself (I will get help here and there but in general I wanna do it on my own).

I'd like to spend about 2000€ but a bit more is still okay ;) I will use it mostly for gaming (Battlefield 1 I'm coming) I'm playing pretty much everything (racing, shooter, everything) and a lot! :D

But I will use it also for Web browsing, movies and some editing. I want it to be silent.. a Silent Gaming PC.

I will use my "old" Full HD Monitor but I wanna upgrade to 4K in the future. I will always only use 1 Monitor on my system.

I'm currently using a Logitech K200 Keyboard and a Gigbyte M6980X Laser Gaming Mouse but some new stuff may be nice ^^

A Logitech G930 is also in use.. so a soundcard isn't needed atm.

GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

SSD: 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB & 1x Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory

Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 or be quiet! Dark Base 900

1. I'm not sure about the case.. I like both.. wich one is better? Does one exel in terms of airflow & silence? Or would you recommend another case around the same style? (I don't like super-Sci-Fi Cases like the Aegis Ti or boring Office Cases)

2. I don't know what PSU will be needed.. I wont run any additional fans. I will stick with the 3 pre-installed fans in the case and the CPU Cooler.. that's all.

3. Will all those components fit in the case?

4. Are all these components really compatible with each other? Could there be bottlenecking or other problems?

5. Would you change or add any components? Or did I forget something important?

Greetings from Germany and thanks for helping :)

6 minutes ago, Chris423 said:

Snip

Everything is compatible and will work just fine. The only thing I would change is the storage setup.... not sure why you have two individual SSD's of varying sizes. Get one larger (and probably cheaper) and the partition it if you want separate storage areas IMO. I'm not much help with silent cases though, I've never really looked into them. I hear the Define R5 has some good foam in it (especially on the non-windowed version) which allows it to be quite effective at killing sound. Same thing with the Corsair 400Q and 600Q. But beyond that I haven't really any good suggestions for your case, my apologies.

as for what PSU you need, an EVGA G2 is the go-to PSU for high performance rigs without super high costs. Corsair RMx are often bought too, but they are sometimes a few dollars more. There ARE better units out there, but these are about as good as it gets, top tier PSU's without the top tier costs. 500W will be plenty for your system, but if you intend on expanding your rig later, it may be worth it to invest in something with a little more wattage to handle SLI if you wanted (750W should be decent for that).

ok build

optional build spec

SSD.... Samsung 850 Evo 500GB + 3tb hdd (ssd for os and progs and 3tb hdd for data storage eg editing files)

1. I like fractal design cases myself sleek, so subjective cases , all I can suggest is browse internet

2. 650w-750w psu is plenty recommended brands seasonic,enermax,evga, antec browse its part of the fun

3. yes atx mobo in an atx case (mid tower)

4 don't forsee bottle neck on that build

5 yes see optional build spec ... the main reason I have a large hdd is that I store some fav movies music pics progs backups etc it soon fills

oh forgot to mention noise in pc's is 90% fan related, so mite be worth checking fans, noctua brand has low db