Schiit magni, +modi?

spwath
1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I'm hardly deaf, personally. Not sure which DAC you're talking about exactly though. The Yggy was also running through an audio master gd-11 (I think), and that seemed to be a darker amp overall, which I think could be the cause of my not really noticing the Yggy being bright. I have heard that the Schiit gear is often pretty bright, possibly on account of Jason Stoddard being somewhat older. At the same time though, you can't really argue with measurements, and at least the published ones for Schiit seem to be very flat, as I would expect from any DAC.

Yeah, looking at all  these measurements here they look good

http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?forums/source-measurements.14/

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

12 hours ago, Gofspar said:

sucks being deaf. :( to me it sounded like a bright overpriced piece of shit.

Given I've never heard anyone describe Yggy as bright, especially not reputable people, you have basically no credibility here. Go call people deaf somewhere else and see how many teeth you have left.

7 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I'm hardly deaf, personally. Not sure which DAC you're talking about exactly though. The Yggy was also running through an audio master gd-11 (I think), and that seemed to be a darker amp overall, which I think could be the cause of my not really noticing the Yggy being bright. I have heard that the Schiit gear is often pretty bright, possibly on account of Jason Stoddard being somewhat older. At the same time though, you can't really argue with measurements, and at least the published ones for Schiit seem to be very flat, as I would expect from any DAC.

I dunno, I think the Bifrost is definitely on the warm side.  Though, maybe this doesn't apply to DS DACs, and the bright ones are all R2R.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

12 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

The Audio-GD NFB-11 is not dark, lol.

Jotunheim is warmer sounding than the NFB-11.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

5 hours ago, SSL said:

Given I've never heard anyone describe Yggy as bright, especially not reputable people, you have basically no credibility here. Go call people deaf somewhere else and see how many teeth you have left.

plz dont spook me ssl, ur gunna hurt my feelies. :(

Let me rephrase that, its not a warm DAC.

A/Bing a Gumby MB and a Yggy out of a eddie current balancing act using a set of balanced HD 800's it doesn't sound all that special compared to the gumby, its a overpriced pos.

They use the same JFET output stage and similar filters, i just think its irrelevant because of its retarded price point.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

3 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

The Audio-GD NFB-11 is not dark, lol.

Jotunheim is warmer sounding than the NFB-11.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-9/Master-9EN.htm

This is the one I was listening to at the time, my mistake. Regardless, does it *really* matter at this point?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)