I NEED HELP NOW!

Guest Gazzer96
Go to solution Solved by Guest Gazzer96,

I finally manged to fix it guys! I had to delete all of my partitions (including the C drive) to get Windows to install, but thanks for help anyway guys! I was worried about doing as I thought Windows would not be able to detect the hard drives, but since the computer was in tatters anyway, I just went ahead and did it.

I tried installing arch linux following a video and it has gone completely wrong... And I do mean completely wrong: I changed all portions from NTFS to ext4 FS type including the system reserved, which has made the hard drives inaccessible and I cannot boot Windows. I had tried reinstalling Windows but all of the partitions seem to have free space. This is urgent!

Stupid android spell checker...

I'm pretty sure you removed your bootloader for Windows and or you deleted your Windows partitions. Not much you can do.

Agreed, you're just going to have to re-install Windows from scratch.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Just gonna reiterate what everyone else has said.

You wiped Windows. Full reinstall is gonna be required I'm afraid.

What about recovery programs?  Is there a reason this  worse than a normal "ohh shit I need to recover information" situation?  My better half got made at his computer and formatted it without thinking. . . . we managed to recover a hell of  a lot of pics off of it with very little effort.  Not sure if something like that might be an option.  From the tone of the OP it sounds like there could be specific information on the drives that is wanted.

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

which F key is it to format with bios?

So yeah, you decided to install one of the most complex linux OSs without knowing what you are doing or understanding what you were doing.

Arch is not a basic OS, its designed for those who know what they are doing. 

And for your information, changing file system type means reformatting the drive, which means anything on there is potentially lost.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

i have a CD with bootable windows-like system for those situations. if you want to recover files i find the cd and tell you name of it. i cant remember. if its urgent, i am willing to bury myself under CDs

Problem guys, I cannot format the hard drive with a Windows disc!

Problem guys, I cannot format the hard drive with a Windows disc!

Ugh, use the linux live media to wipe the partition table, the windows disk should be able to deal with an unformatted drive.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Get gparted and burn it as bootable disc. Reformat all those drives/partitions you need to NTFS. Reinstall windows. Or you can use that Arch linux cd/dvd for it.

On a side note here. There's always risks when installing something new by following only guide. Guides are never excatly same situation as user might be in. Though this might be also case of messy installation UI by Arch side.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Get gparted and burn it as bootable disc. Reformat all those drives/partitions you need to NTFS. Reinstall windows. Or you can use that Arch linux cd/dvd for it.

On a side note here. There's always risks when installing something new by following only guide. Guides are never excatly same situation as user might be in. Though this might be also case of messy installation UI by Arch side.

Okay, arch doesn't use a fancy graphical installer, nor does it really have any installer, but if you follow the very verbose guides on the arch wiki you should be fine, this is of course you understand how to use linux, which is why arch is definately not recommended for a new linux user. 

I finally manged to fix it guys! I had to delete all of my partitions (including the C drive) to get Windows to install, but thanks for help anyway guys! I was worried about doing as I thought Windows would not be able to detect the hard drives, but since the computer was in tatters anyway, I just went ahead and did it.