$450 Build List Help

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

brah, an a10 7850k can't even beat a pentium sometimes, no way its an equivalent cpu to an i5.

Then what should I use? I normally do intel builds but this is for a friend with a rather tight budget

IM BACK BABY

1 minute ago, kurtstir said:

Is it worse?

Going Intel rather than AMD is a lot better in your case, since you still get a good amount of processing power as well as room for better performance down the road. Not to mention the benefits in power draw and heat generated.

"Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games" - BadAtVideogamesMan

Just now, DogeOfTech said:

Going Intel rather than AMD is a lot better in your case, since you still get a good amount of processing power as well as room for better performance down the road. Not to mention the benefits in power draw and heat generated.

is there an amd processor that would suffice I cant bring the budget above $470 solid

IM BACK BABY

2 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Then what should I use? I normally do intel builds but this is for a friend with a rather tight budget

if he really can't fit in an i5(used or new), i guess you can try an fx 8300, i think it should work(better than the i3 for recording, anyways). if you got a microcenter nearby you can get the fx 8320e and cheap mobo for less than $100 after $40 discount.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

if he really can't fit in an i5(used or new), i guess you can try an fx 8300, i think it should work(better than the i3 for recording, anyways). if you got a microcenter nearby you can get the fx 8320e and cheap mobo for less than $100 after $40 discount.

If you do do the 8300, get an aftermarket cooler, as the stock cooler does jack (my brothers rig ran up to 80° before he replaced his)

Just now, DogeOfTech said:

If you do do the 8300, get an aftermarket cooler, as the stock cooler does jack (my brothers rig ran up to 80° before he replaced his)

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

fx 8300 or fx 8320e?

IM BACK BABY

6 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

fx 8300 or fx 8320e?

fx 8300 if you aren't near microcenter, fx 8320e if you are. both are the same performance anyways so just get whichever is cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

This is the build I was able to so around the 83000, it's the same price for the 8320e

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xwphjc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xwphjc/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock 970M PRO3 Micro ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($35.00 @ B&H) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 460 2GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($56.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($25.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $413.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-25 11:04 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($36.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($35.00 @ B&H) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.77 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($25.00 @ Newegg) 
Other: Zotac gtx 1050ti mini ($139.99)
Total: $442.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-25 11:10 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, kurtstir said:

I should have mentioned that this build will have a elgato game capture pro pcie x1 card in it which needs i5 or equivalent minimum cpu

That A10 it's equivalent to an i5 2400 ..

i know that game capture card cost a lot, but why don't buy a Nvidia card and use Shadowplay? you will remove the cpu usage.. i don't know much about game capture, but if you are in a budget it's the best way..

Hello,

I have made a few posts this past week about a $450 Gaming build I was making for my friend. Here is hopefully the final one, I was wondering if I could have some feedback!

Requirements: 

1. Must be Portable
  2. Must have an i5 or Equivalent AMD Processor
  3. Motherboard must have at least ONE Pci-E x1 Slot and at least ONE Pci-E x16 slot
  4. Does not need an OS
  5. $450 to $465 Budget 

Current Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kurtstir/saved/QJQZLk

IM BACK BABY

If you want portable you are looking at mitx and that doesn't exist on the red team. Une momento.

Just now, EminentSun said:

If you want portable you are looking at mitx and that doesn't exist on the red team. Une momento.

Yeah, also having an mitx with a PCI-e and PCI-e x16 is going to be pretty difficult to find, they're out there tho

getting a laptop at your price range and what you want to do is more appropriate. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

10 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

getting a laptop at your price range and what you want to do is more appropriate. 

It needs to support a full pcie x1 card

IM BACK BABY

11 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

19 minutes ago, DogeOfTech said:

Yeah, also having an mitx with a PCI-e and PCI-e x16 is going to be pretty difficult to find, they're out there tho

21 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

But any feedback on the build itself? MITX rarely supports pcie x1

IM BACK BABY

28 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Hello,

I have made a few posts this past week about a $450 Gaming build I was making for my friend. Here is hopefully the final one, I was wondering if I could have some feedback!

Requirements: 

1. Must be Portable
  2. Must have an i5 or Equivalent AMD Processor
  3. Motherboard must have at least ONE Pci-E x1 Slot and at least ONE Pci-E x16 slot
  4. Does not need an OS
  5. $450 to $465 Budget 

Current Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kurtstir/saved/QJQZLk

The build itself is pretty alright, maybe go for some of the less-costly item equivalents in your build. And just to make sure you know, you'll be paying almost $500 for the build before MIR, so have around $50 buffer zone in your budget.

That will do very well in alot of games. However if you can it would be a good idea to spring for a 470 or 1050ti. The 460 is meant for esports more than anything else. It would also help to know what games your freind intends on playing.