Linux acting strange, skylake, dualboot

Hi! ^^

I have dualbooted laptop with win10 and Ubuntu 16.10  (previously Mint 18.0)

I want to dualboot my PC with win10 and Ubuntu or Mint

I tried mint, it was very buggy, but somehow I've installed it. Aaand it was crashing into black screen every 5 minutes or less. Also there were some problems with drivers, but that's another story. One day Mint just died and wont boot..

So I decided to try Ubuntu. I ran it using "live cd" from my flash and the problem is the same.

If I DON'T use PC AT ALL - nothing happens. I can look at peaceful ubuntu desktop as long as I want. 

BUT

If I will try to do sth - use keyboard or mouse (even if I will not open any program or connect to wifi) - ubuntu crashes. Black screen. Num lock is not responding as well as restart button. Completely crashed.

Soo

What should I do?? And why does this happen?

MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER Z170

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x4GB 2666MHz CL16
HDD: Seagate ST1000VX000 1TB

WiFi via some USB Tplink

It's probably an issue with the graphics driver. You could try booting with the integrated gpu to see if that changes anything.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 2 weeks later...

Your description does not indicate to me its a graphics driver issue, because you have indicated the liveCD is running but crashes when you open the installer application.

Try verify your USB/CD drive and verify the ISO you downloaded with checksum

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

If that doesn't work, as mentioned above use the LTS version of ubuntu version 16.04

I only use the LTS versions due to past experiences with instability. The chronological order of Debian related LTS are

2013: Debian 7

2014: Ubuntu 14.04

2015: Debian 8

2016: Ubuntu 16.04

All of these systems are still supported. the oldest, Debian 7, is supported until may 2018. There are older ones still supported but that would make this list longer than needed & your hardware is not that old.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_