Activating windows after major hardware change

So im planning to almost completely overhaul my PC by getting a new processor, mobo, DDR4 RAM, and a new case. Im just wondering if I can somehow legally get Win 10 to the new PC without paying over 100€ for a new license? Ive heard you can reactivate windows after a major upgrade but i dont know if this can be done with the free upgrade license i have. 

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Just move the hard drive over?

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

Just now, Geoffrey said:

Just move the hard drive over?

And everything will work as usual? Correct me if im wrong but i thought changing the motherboard will make the current windows license invalid?

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

I think Microsoft said if you swap the CPU your Windows deactivates. Kinguin offers some cheap ($20 USD) Windows Keys

Just now, Iron couch said:

And everything will work as usual? Correct me if im wrong but i thought changing the motherboard will make the current windows license invalid?

Nope, last month i changed from:

3570k to 6600k

DDR3 to DDR4

P77 series to z170

and I just stuck my ssd in there works just fine

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

3 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's kinda weird. I had to RMA my mobo and when I got the new one Windows gave me a new hardware 'warning' thing. I don't remember exactly what I did, but it wasn't hard to get it to re-register itself as valid. I know you used to have to call a number sometimes, and if it doesn't work out so easily for you that may be the best way to go.

3 minutes ago, Respawnuo said:

I think Microsoft said if you swap the CPU your Windows deactivates. Kinguin offers some cheap ($20 USD) Windows Keys

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Nope, last month i changed from:

3570k to 6600k

DDR3 to DDR4

P77 series to z170

and I just stuck my ssd in there works just fine

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's kinda weird. I had to RMA my mobo and when I got the new one Windows gave me a new hardware 'warning' thing. I don't remember exactly what I did, but it wasn't hard to get it to re-register itself as valid. I know you used to have to call a number sometimes, and if it doesn't work out so easily for you that may be the best way to go.

Interesting...well i guess i could try my luck and if things go wrong ill just buy a really cheap key and go with it

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

So im planning to almost completely overhaul my PC by getting a new processor, mobo, DDR4 RAM, and a new case. Im just wondering if I can somehow legally get Win 10 to the new PC without paying over 100€ for a new license? Ive heard you can reactivate windows after a major upgrade but i dont know if this can be done with the free upgrade license i have. 

in a recent Windows 10 update, you're now allowed to link your windows key to your microsoft account. you should be able to validate your own windows key simply by logging into the computer with your microsoft account.

22 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Interesting...well i guess i could try my luck and if things go wrong ill just buy a really cheap key and go with it

you can tie your key to a microsoft account, even if its oem

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Is your license OEM or Retail?

You can manually force windows re-activation with these simple steps:

1) Win+R

2) slui 4

3) Follow onscreen instrucions

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

OK. When I changed my CPU i had no issues with activation. When I took my ssd to another PC, to try and fix the other PC, I got a message saying windows activation failed, when I put it back activation was happy. long story short you will need to purchase a new key. If you look on eBay you can get a key and installer for about £17.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?