Broken standoff

Dask933

One of the standoffs on my case broke and was out of place causing short circuit on mobo so it couldnt power on. I learned that after sending the board for a warranty check so my question is:

What id theres one missinf standoff? Will the PC work normally? I cant replace it due to the acrewing hole of the case getting completely stripped.

Also I dont think sending the case for warranty would work since its scratched when I tried to get out the mobo. Plus ive done some paint job on it.

Clearly you should watch scrapyard wars 3. Linus used electrical tape for that old case which had bare stand offs just in case (get it?) they short the Mobo

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Clearly you should watch scrapyard wars 3. Linus used electrical tape for that old case which had bare stand offs just in case (get it?) they short the Mobo

Yeah dunno what all this is about. It was my new build in really amateur on that kind stuff.

Could you give me a clear answer tho, like is it gonna work with a standoff missing or in gonna fry everything up

If one of the standoffs already broke off for whatever reason, it wouldn't be a good idea to keep the motherboard on there since the weight that broke the original standoff is going to be distributed on the rest of the standoffs. So, no don't keep the motherboard there.

I myself, like to ghetto rig things and I would probably find a screw or different replacement for the broken stand off. If not best to go to a hardware store and find one.

Also, check your cable management! I had experience in the past were my 24-pin connector had too much tension on it and was pulling on the motherboard.

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

Dude the case included spare standoffs but the hole that you screw the standoff in is stripped so going to a hardware store isnt gonna change anything.

Getting a new case on the other hand just for a standoff is too much. About the cable management I think you are right and I think something was way too pushed in on the side panel that caused that. When I build again its gonna be with my friend that knows better but fetting a new case is a last resort since im really short on money right now.