Corsair claims high speed RAM is great for battlefield 4

delet my acc pls

Wow it seems like my 1600mhz kit will be outdated long before I expected, especially with recommended specs of aome new games at 8gb. Still I'd rather look at some benchmarks which don't come from someone who manufactures memory.

the guys at sweclocker tested it and they proved it wrong.

the guys at sweclocker tested it and they proved it wrong.

So this was baically Corsairs attempt at getting people to buy higher speed RAM?

I'm guessing since the PS4 are using DDR5 memory that they ported over the optimization for the higher speed RAM to the PC version perhaps? 

Isn't that vram? which, to be fair, nearly every modern gpu uses gddr5.

ddr3 has much less latency and tighter timings but suffers in bandwidth, which is basically the opposite of gddr5.

So this was baically Corsairs attempt at getting people to buy higher speed RAM?

It probably was an issue with the Beta since it was a few months/weeks old build, there were so many issues with GPUs, and since SLI and CF wasn't working that well, the RAM may have helped somehow.

They never claimed it would be like that in the final game.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Isn't that vram? which, to be fair, nearly every modern gpu uses gddr5.

ddr3 has much less latency and tighter timings but suffers in bandwidth, which is basically the opposite of gddr5.

Well it uses GDDR5 for Vram and system ram as well. So I could see how optimizing the game to utilize GDDR5 speeds on the PS4 could translate to better performance on faster RAM on the PC. Maybe better utilization of faster memory will become a common occurrence among console ports?    

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Weird cuz 2400mhz ram from G. skill is as much as 1600mhz from Corsair in a 2x8gb pack...I will upgrade to faster and more ram once I sell mine

I'm not getting the ram because of the game, its cheaper to get high mhz ram so why not.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I'm not getting the ram because of the game, its cheaper to get high mhz ram so why not.

because it's a waste of money.

Yeah it has been a waste in the past but if this trend continues there will be a point to going for higher speed RAM which I hope becomes a thing.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Yeah it has been a waste in the past but if this trend contninues there will be a point to going for higher speed RAM which I hope becomes a thing.

Did you completely miss the part where Corsair's claim was proven to be false (higher frequency RAM didn't help after all) or are you just trolling?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah it has been a waste in the past but if this trend contninues there will be a point to going for higher speed RAM which I hope becomes a thing.

But the claim have been proven wrong.

How is it a waste of money 16gb 1600mhz=16gb 2400mhz in price. Thats a deal not a waste. Its ram and your on a pc builder's website, seriously?

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

very odd

ram speeds almost never had an effect on gaming

now with new game engines we see that ram has an effect and possibly could be a bottle neck

good thing that ddr4 is right around the corner :)

Is early 2015 early for you? :D You made me look DDR4 up, and it seems we're not going to see DDR4 in personal systems before early 2015, servers might see them soon though!

How is it a waste of money 16gb 1600mhz=16gb 2400mhz in price. Thats a deal not a waste. Its ram and your on a pc builder's website, seriously?

Im meaning since you already have 8gb buy 8gb more instead of 16gb.

Im meaning since you already have 8gb buy 8gb more instead of 16gb.

Well id rather sell mine for a good price and get a dual channel kit than go quad.

Well id rather sell mine for a good price and get a dual channel kit than go quad.

If you are able to sell them for a good price then go for it, otherwise go quad.

If you are able to sell them for a good price then go for it, otherwise go quad.

With the money back the new ram is gonna be about 60 dollars... so, yeah. I'm redoing my cpu, psu, fans, and cooling so I might as well do my ram too.

Did you completely miss the part where Corsair's claim was proven to be false (higher frequency RAM didn't help after all) or are you just trolling?

Yes... yes I did miss it. haha