Which phone?

nsyedhasan
Go to solution Solved by TopWargamer,

This is probably what I will do now . I'm looking for a used nexus either the galaxy or the 4. Any other phones I should look out for? Also I actually started my contract about 1 month ago. So I guess I will be using a different phone for the whole time.

If you can, get the Nexus 4, or wait for the Nexus 5, but the Galaxy Nexus will suffice. And just to reiterate, all you have to do is buy the phone, pop your SIM card in it, yupe in Wind Mobile's APN settings, and you're good to go, no extra charges. 

It'll be cheaper than what you were originally going to do. 

So I bought the Curve 9320 from Blackberry. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!!!! I bought this phone for 0$ with Wind on a two year contract. The first phone, of a few, had dust under the plastic layer had dust under it. So I got it replaced. Same with the next phone. And now, with the third phone, I'm fed up. The same thing happened to this one but this time the back's glossy back, which is a magnet to oil and prints, chip off. So I'm going to ask the man at the shop very nicely to let me get a new phone. So which one should I get? I only want a cheaper phone. Also I'm going to be using as my main phone for about 1 year or maybe 2 years if it lasts. I found the LG Optimus L9 Link: http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCatalog/Handsets/HandsetDetails.aspx?id=LG+Optimus+L9%28WINDCA%29&color=blue . I'm using the 30 dollar plan. The link to the place I'm buying: http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCatalog/Handsets/

Quote me to get a reply!

nexus 4?
or get the xperia l for $29.
oooo tell me how wind is i wanna switch really bad

Ok, it looks like Wind Mobile uses the AWS frequency, which seems to be an offshoot of GSM or UMTS. So since that's the case, you can get this phone for the same price, or for less if you buy it used: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B005ZEF01A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382407988&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+nexus

And it's much better spec wise..so...just get this...

COMIC SANS

Best cheap smartphone I can think of is the Lumia 520. I know Wind don't offer it, but you can get it for under $150 off contract. You would just have to make sure that they would be alright with you doing that, and that it would be compatible with their network.

nexus 4?

or get the xperia l for $29.

oooo tell me how wind is i wanna switch really bad

The Xperia is 129$ because of my plan and Wind is good I haven't check how fast it is because I have a blackberry. :(

Ok, it looks like Wind Mobile uses the AWS frequency, which seems to be an offshoot of GSM or UMTS. So since that's the case, you can get this phone for the same price, or for less if you buy it used: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B005ZEF01A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382407988&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+nexus

And it's much better spec wise..so...just get this...

I'm already on a contract. So yeah... But my dad said I should just keep it and get another phone and use the one which is on contract.

Best cheap smartphone I can think of is the Lumia 520. I know Wind don't offer it, but you can get it for under $150 off contract. You would just have to make sure that they would be alright with you doing that, and that it would be compatible with their network.

Android please. I'm done with BBOS. Also windows mobile is pretty abused as in there aren't many apps.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'm already on a contract. So yeah... But my dad said I should just keep it and get another phone and use the one which is on contract.

Once you're due for an upgrade, that means that your contract is up...so...it would be ok for you but the Galaxy Nexus and then add it onto your line. Even if you're still in contract you can do this. What's holding you back? All you have to is take your Wind Mobile SIM card and pop it into the Galaxy, put in Wind Mobile's APN settings, and then boom, you're phone is up and running and ready to go, without having to pay any extra fees (other than for the phone itself). 

COMIC SANS

Android please. I'm done with BBOS. Also windows mobile is pretty abused as in there aren't many apps.

Yeah, BB OS 7 isn't that great of a platform. BB10 is fairly good, but the cheapest device you can get for that is the Q5. Windows Mobile has been gone for years... Windows Phone (WP8 in the case of the 520) is an entirely new platform. Also, that simply isn't true. If you tell me which apps you use, I can tell you whether or not Windows Phone has them.

Once you're due for an upgrade, that means that your contract is up...so...it would be ok for you but the Galaxy Nexus and then add it onto your line. Even if you're still in contract you can do this. What's holding you back? All you have to is take your Wind Mobile SIM card and pop it into the Galaxy, put in Wind Mobile's APN settings, and then boom, you're phone is up and running and ready to go, without having to pay any extra fees (other than for the phone itself).

This is probably what I will do now . I'm looking for a used nexus either the galaxy or the 4. Any other phones I should look out for? Also I actually started my contract about 1 month ago. So I guess I will be using a different phone for the whole time.

Yeah, BB OS 7 isn't that great of a platform. BB10 is fairly good, but the cheapest device you can get for that is the Q5. Windows Mobile has been gone for years... Windows Phone (WP8 in the case of the 520) is an entirely new platform. Also, that simply isn't true. If you tell me which apps you use, I can tell you whether or not Windows Phone has them.

I also kind of prefer android because of the look. Don't get me wrong the Lumia looks amazing. Also BBM is now on android so I have what I need.

Quote me to get a reply!

If you can, get the Nexus 4, or wait for the Nexus 5, but the Galaxy Nexus will suffice. And just to reiterate, all you have to do is buy the phone, pop your SIM card in it, yupe in Wind Mobile's APN settings, and you're good to go, no extra charges. 

It'll be cheaper than what you were originally going to do. 

COMIC SANS

@TopWargamer Any release date for the nexus 5?Also I guess it would be worth it to buy a newer model of a phone.

Quote me to get a reply!

@TopWargamer Any release date for the nexus 5?Also I guess it would be worth it to buy a newer model of a phone.

Heard a rumor that it'll be announced by the end of this month. It'll cost at least $350.

COMIC SANS

Heard a rumor that it'll be announced by the end of this month. It'll cost at least $350.

Do you think it would be worth it? Consideing I'm buying from Google.

Quote me to get a reply!

Do you think it would be worth it? Consideing I'm buying from Google.

its $350 off contract and they are by far the best bang for buck phones, and in some peoples minds the best phones (nexus series in general). if u can afford the nexus 5 then definitly get it