SLI's GTX 760 good?

tezgaming

Hey got 2 GTX 760's for $100 thought of SLI them since i have an X79 Mohterboard when i connected both of them the other one didnt need a power supply pin connector but the original one needed..? it 

so im wondering whys that and can i SLI them i have a 550 Wats PSU ... 80plus bronze ^_^ and i have the SLI Bridge so should i connect it ...? to SLI it 

550 W could be enough, depending... what PSU do you have?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

550 W could be enough, depending... what PSU do you have?

Thermal take 550w and please answer my other question where i need to connect pins or no because both grapphics card runs :) one is connected with pins other ones are not.. but both run.. lol?!!! 

Just now, tezgaming said:

Thermal take 550w and please answer my other question where i need to connect pins or no because both grapphics card runs :) one is connected with pins other ones are not.. but both run.. lol?!!! 

eh... that probably won't explode.

So you've connected power to one of the 760s and not the other, yet they both work?  That's surprising... I would make sure you power them both; that's how they're designed to run.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

eh... that probably won't explode.

So you've connected power to one of the 760s and not the other, yet they both work?  That's surprising... I would make sure you power them both; that's how they're designed to run.

if my brain working right i think other one is supplying power from my motherboard lol cuz both card's fans running fine :) ... and xD explode? bruh its not an S7 phone 

Just now, tezgaming said:

if my brain working right i think other one is supplying power from my motherboard lol cuz both card's fans running fine :) ... and xD explode? bruh its not an S7 phone 

Well the motherboard can only provide 75 W through each slot and the card will draw more than that when doing anything intense.  They might have enough power to run the fans but I bet if you fire up a game it will crash the system or at least the driver.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well the motherboard can only provide 75 W through each slot and the card will draw more than that when doing anything intense.  They might have enough power to run the fans but I bet if you fire up a game it will crash the system or at least the driver.

you know ur fkin smart marry me ... ahah well i dont have more pcei connectors time to upgrade power supply... 

the major problem will be vram. I think 2 GB of varm are bottleneck of the system

5 minutes ago, tezgaming said:

you know ur fkin smart marry me ... ahah well i dont have more pcei connectors time to upgrade power supply... 

You could use adapters to split the connectors you do have, but generally speaking, it if doesn't have enough connectors, there's a reason for that; you're probably best off upgrading like you said :) 

Check the link in my sig for a list that ranks the common ones by quality.  The OP there can also help you pick one out, including how much power you should have.

both GPU's need supplemental power from the power supply.

it might be working without the power connector for a while but as soon as you load up games or use the gpu heavily it will crash.
the PCI slot on the motherboard is only providing upto 75watts which is not enough for a gaming load

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, mok said:

it might be working without the power connector for a while but as soon as you load up games or use the gpu heavily it will crash.
the PCI slot on the motherboard is only providing upto 75watts which is not enough for a gaming load

thanks baby  

23 minutes ago, mok said:

I already said that exact thing :P 

33 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said: