SIIG HDMI splitter for Field monitor and Blackmagic recorder 480p not 1080p

I have my camera outputting Mini-HDMI to HDMI input of the splitter (SIIG 4k splitter). From the splitter I have two HDMI outputs one going to my field monitor and the other going to a Blackmagic Mini Recorder. If I have just one at a time plugged in it does 1080p with no unwanted tint. However, If I plug in both it will send two 480p streams, or If I plug in the field monitor first then plug in the recorder it will send two 1080p streams but just the stream to the computer has a purple tint.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

18 minutes ago, Shanebenswim said:

So when you pass the HDMI signal first to the field monitor and from the monitor to the recorder, you see a color tint on the computer monitor?  Does the monitor have an HDMI pass through?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

23 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

So when you pass the HDMI signal first to the field monitor and from the monitor to the recorder, you see a color tint on the computer monitor?  Does the monitor have an HDMI pass through?

it is a splitter with two outputs so it goes from the camera to the splitter then from the splitter to the two devices. no pass though

12 minutes ago, Shanebenswim said:

it is a splitter with two outputs so it goes from the camera to the splitter then from the splitter to the two devices. no pass though

OK I'm just trying to understand your setups.

Camera to splitter in both cases?

If you connect both the field monitor and mini recorder to the splitter, both the monitor and recorder receive a 480p signal?

But if you plug the monitor to the splitter first and then connect the mini recorder to the splitter both devices get a 1080p signal but the signal to the mini recorder is tinted?  What color is the tint?  Do you have any other monitor with HDMI input?

I want to know this:

Camera to splitter connection.

Connect field monitor to splitter first.

Then connect another monitor to the splitter, is there a color tint?

19 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

OK I'm just trying to understand your setups.

Camera to splitter in both cases?

If you connect both the field monitor and mini recorder to the splitter, both the monitor and recorder receive a 480p signal?

But if you plug the monitor to the splitter first and then connect the mini recorder to the splitter both devices get a 1080p signal but the signal to the mini recorder is tinted?  What color is the tint?  Do you have any other monitor with HDMI input?

I want to know this:

Camera to splitter connection.

Connect field monitor to splitter first.

Then connect another monitor to the splitter, is there a color tint?

Thanks, Yes the camera is connected to the splitter's input in both cases.

If you plug in both outputs from the splitter then the camera  it does two 480p streams

The color tint is purple and their is only the one Mini hdmi output from the camera

I haven't tested two monitor instead of monitor and recorder, but the monitor doesn't have a tint only the recorder so the recorder might be the reason for the tint

In your secnario it would produce the tint

8 minutes ago, Shanebenswim said:

Thanks, Yes the camera is connected to the splitter's input in both cases.

If you plug in both outputs from the splitter then the camera  it does two 480p streams

The color tint is purple and their is only the one Mini hdmi output from the camera

I haven't tested two monitor instead of monitor and recorder, but the monitor doesn't have a tint only the recorder so the recorder might be the reason for the tint

In your secnario it would produce the tint

Testing with two monitors will determine if the signal is already being tinted by the splitter or if the tint appears only after the signal passes through the recorder.  Have you also tried changing anything in the Blackmagic software that comes with the mini recorder?