Help

Afro_Lamb

how would a  less than 16 year old attending high school go about making money in technology (enough to not have to ask parents for money or more)?

5 hours ago, Afro_Lamb said:

-snip-

I'm less than 16 and attending high school, and I have started getting money by doing cheap repairs for friends. The money isn't constant, but it is something.

I'm also going to start looking for casual work, and that is something you may want to keep in mind, because the money will be enough that you won't have to ask your parents for money.

Good luck with it, earning money at this age is probably the hardest it will ever be.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

5 hours ago, Afro_Lamb said:

-snip-

YouTube, Great option but you will need to do it continuously and have good content or else your channel is doomed.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Reach out to people with broken PCs and fix them (most likely dead HDD). offer SSD upgrades to people to make their PCs faster. offer to build someone a PC instead of them ordering from a system builder such as CyberPowerPC, etc.

SSD upgrades could be great, because all you would need to buy is a one-time purchase of something like this: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/861670/StarTechcom-USB-30-to-25-SATA/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Bing-_-Networking_Cables-_-861670 to clone the HDD to the SSD, and you're set. maybe charge 100USD for an SSD upgrade, buy a 250GB ssd for 60-75USD, and then profit??

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Take a job on the side in your free hours. Maybe assist by a local electronics store that could use some one? Or if you have affinity with buying/selling buy 2nd hand stuff cheap and sell with profit (this gives you some risk with investments however + you need stuff to sell). You can combine this btw. Start with a small easy job for some cash and use that cash to invest in  products.

Anyway, you have to start somewhere but can't be to picky. As long as you earn, you are good to go. At your age I had my paper route and was assisting in a driving grocery store besides school. Worked hard but this made it possible for me to buy nintendo stuff and save up a lot and games whern't as cheap as these days. Had myself no pc and internet back then, but the money I spend on gaming was a lot: Could have bought a nice new sportscar for it (and that was before I started working for real). Speaking of cars: also paid for my license because of these side jobs.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list