Computer doesn't start after sudden shutdown.

Hi! 

So I was just gaming today and my computer just suddenly turned off without any warning messages or anything - like if the electricity was just cut. After that I tried turning it back on, but it didn't do anything. I tried disconnecting it from the power source, trying a different power socket and checked all the cables from the PSU (everything is where it should be, cables are connected tightly). When I press the power button the PLED1 light on the motherboard turns on with a red light, but apart from that nothing happens. (The lights for the VGA power connectors are on though the entire time). I think it's most likely a PSU issue, which is quite weird because the entire system (including the PSU) is about a month old... :/ Any ideas to fix the problem? 

The motherboard is a ROG STRIX X99 Gaming and the power supply is a Cooler Master V850 (850W).

4 minutes ago, RMP23 said:

Hi! 

So I was just gaming today and my computer just suddenly turned off without any warning messages or anything - like if the electricity was just cut. After that I tried turning it back on, but it didn't do anything. I tried disconnecting it from the power source, trying a different power socket and checked all the cables from the PSU (everything is where it should be, cables are connected tightly). When I press the power button the PLED1 light on the motherboard turns on with a red light, but apart from that nothing happens. (The lights for the VGA power connectors are on though the entire time). I think it's most likely a PSU issue, which is quite weird because the entire system (including the PSU) is about a month old... :/ Any ideas to fix the problem? 

The motherboard is a ROG STRIX X99 Gaming and the power supply is a Cooler Master V850 (850W).

Think you fried your psu...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Something fried, try to look and see if anything friend, possibly you could smell something but you probably wont.

13 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

Something fried, try to look and see if anything friend, possibly you could smell something but you probably wont.

15 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Think you fried your psu...

I can't see any physical sign of it (also couldn't smell anything), but probably that's what happened - by the way what caused it to fry? It wasn't covered, got enough air, the entire system was cool :S :(

1 minute ago, RMP23 said:

I can't see any physical sign of it (also couldn't smell anything), but probably that's what happened - by the way what caused it to fry? It wasn't covered, got enough air, the entire system was cool :S :(

I would try unplugging the power to the psu and discharge any extra power by holding the power button.

I would also try resetting the cmos and unplug and re plug everything back in the mobo .

If that didn't fix it something fried, you can always see if it is the psu with a tester or using another psu and hooking it up and see if you got power.