Video: How to replace a PSU fan. Need feedback.

MrMatt

Hey guys :)

I just made a video showing how to replace a noisy PSU fan. It's not public yet because I wanted your opinion first. I don't want to post something that's wrong...

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CUR0w8o7o

Thanks guys :)

I've changed the PSU dozens of times, that is similar to how I've always done it.

Add a warning to not touch anything inside.

You shouldn't use your teeth, wire strippers are cheap and should be in every good toolkit.

Notate the fan orientation.

Other than those I think it's good.

Nice video! Might d othis to my Antec Neo Eco 520 because the fan can get pretty loud.

One question, for a PSU would you want a high pressure fan or high airflow?

Also +1000000 because of the Mitis song in the background!!! :D

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Thanks guys!

I've changed the PSU dozens of times' date=' that is similar to how I've always done it. Add a warning to not touch anything inside. You shouldn't use your teeth, wire strippers are cheap and should be in every good toolkit. Notate the fan orientation. Other than those I think it's good. [/quote']

Thanks! I'll make sure to do all that.

Also +1000000 because of the Mitis song in the background!!!

Haha :D I think I found them through Unbox Therapy. They're awesome!

Nice video! Might d othis to my Antec Neo Eco 520 because the fan can get pretty loud.

One question, for a PSU would you want a high pressure fan or high airflow?

Also +1000000 because of the Mitis song in the background!!! :D

Air flow, but one that runs at low RPM (so it's quiet). You really don't need a tonne of air going threw a PSU, just enough to move the hot air away.

You speak quite a bit more clear (native English speaker?) than I do in the video I made about this. Very clear instructions!

I advise you to buy some heatshrink, though. That always comes in handy when you're soldering things together. Good job!

You speak quite a bit more clear (native English speaker?) than I do in the video I made about this. Very clear instructions!

I advise you to buy some heatshrink, though. That always comes in handy when you're soldering things together. Good job!

Polish. But moved to UK when I was 11 :)

Thanks! And yeah, definitely need to get some heat shrink :D