My computer won't start up

akrickyboby

When I try to boot up my computer my screen just says no signal going to sleep mode. Also my gpu fans go full blast for a little bit then the computer restarts then repeats the process and help would be awesome

Spec?

don't remember the mobo it's like a gigabyte z6........, the gpu is a vaporx 7970. the cpu is a i3 2120. the psu is a 500w coolermaster.

don't remember the mobo it's like a gigabyte z6........, the gpu is a vaporx 7970. the cpu is a i3 2120. the psu is a 500w coolermaster.

I would recommend a bigger PSU like a 600watt

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

could be that ur ram is dead

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

could be that ur ram is dead

I removed the gpu and whent with the onboard graphics and it worked fine

I removed the gpu and whent with the onboard graphics and it worked fine

ah k then reset ur bios .... and try ur gpu if it still doesn't work RMA it

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

ah k then reset ur bios .... and try ur gpu if it still doesn't work RMA it

how do you reset the bios and the rma thing never heard of it

how do you reset the bios and the rma thing never heard of it

take the cmos battery out or remove the jumper ....

RMA means returning the gpu and getting a new one if its warranty u can do it

an off topic thing here but why would you pair an i3 with a 7970 just saying should of upgraded the cpu first

well many of my friends think i3 is a hell great of a processor for gaming ,,, maybe he thought the same

well many of my friends think i3 is a hell great of a processor for gaming ,,, maybe he thought the same

maybe now but thats a sandy bridge one

maybe now but thats a sandy bridge one

an off topic thing here but why would you pair an i3 with a 7970 just saying should of upgraded the cpu first

What's wrong with that?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

What's wrong with that?

well its like a bicycle with rocket on to it

a sandy bridge i3 and a 7970 is not a good mix they were awful

My Clarkdale with a Kepler begs to differ.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Try flashing the cmos.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Your battlefield benchmarks beg to differ. 

My Battlefield benchmarks are great, thank you very much. 1920x1200 at 60 frames (Vsync on) maxed out with 8xMSAA

Oh wait, you mean BF4?

Oh wait, you mean BF4?

That's what I was getting at, the effect is the same in BF3 but to a lesser extent. An i3 isn't that wonderful for gaming anymore. It wasn't that bad of a CPU for budget gaming two years ago and when most games didn't really do much more than two core optimization. I don't think I'll have to go to benchmarks to support my claim. 

An i3 was often recommended (which I think is the information OP's friends picked up) for older builds when they weren't that much less capable than Phenom chips but had the potential to be upgradable to an i5 or i7 with the same chipset. There's no point in doing that anymore because of the cost of an i3 then the cost of upgrading compared to the marginal gains. 

An i3 with a 7970 is a bloody awful combination, but getting too far OT now, but OP should unfriend whoever suggested that to him if the 7970 wasn't just an upgrade for a budget build. 

Error: 410

That's what I was getting at, the effect is the same in BF3 but to a lesser extent. An i3 isn't that wonderful for gaming anymore. It wasn't that bad of a CPU for budget gaming two years ago and when most games didn't really do much more than two core optimization. I don't think I'll have to go to benchmarks to support my claim. 

An i3 was often recommended (which I think is the information OP's friends picked up) for older builds when they weren't that much less capable than Phenom chips but had the potential to be upgradable to an i5 or i7 with the same chipset. There's no point in doing that anymore because of the cost of an i3 then the cost of upgrading compared to the marginal gains. 

An i3 with a 7970 is a bloody awful combination, but getting too far OT now, but OP should unfriend whoever suggested that to him if the 7970 wasn't just an upgrade for a budget build. 

Well mines right now is a stand in for either a 3570 or 3770K. The i3 was paired with a 4890, and my rollout upgrade started with a good deal on the Kepler. Although I guess the difference is I can overclock. I'm up 600 or so MHz from the base clock, while the Sandy's can't.