Email Encryption

Sebastian Kurpiel

What's up guys,

I have Hw assignment where I have to email my professor an encrypted email. I got my certificate for startssl.com and when I enter it into the outlook client I'm receiving an error saying that the other email doesn't have the encryption key... 

Capture.PNG

Any solutions?

For some reason, I thought I had send a signed encrypted message first... I just need to send a signe message...

Ask Hillary Clinton

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

1 minute ago, TheRedViper said:

Ask Hillary Clinton

She said that encryption wasn't necessary for classified documents... in all seriousness what am I forgetting?

1 minute ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

She said that encryption wasn't necessary for classified documents... in all seriousness what I'm I forgetting?

English

What am I forgetting

All you should need to know is your professor's public key. 

Do you have a public key for the professor?  I'm thinking a site like "startssl" would generate a public key (as well as a private key) for yourself, but in order to communicate with the professor, you would need his public key installed into your system accordingly.  That is probably why you are receiving the rejection notice.

Just now, Mark77 said:

All you should need to know is your professor's public key. 

Do you have a public key for the professor?  I'm thinking a site like "startssl" would generate a public key (as well as a private key) for yourself, but in order to communicate with the professor, you would need his public key installed into your system accordingly.  That is probably why you are receiving the rejection notice.

I forgot to send my prof a signed email... thanks for the reply