5GHz WiFi Acting strange.

Kyonkanno

So I have a TPLink Archer C2  that is behaving strange. When I'm connected to the 5Ghz band, it is extremely slow, tests show about 2-3 mbps (megabits). So I tested this laptop with another 5ghz AP (a WDR3500) and it works! So it's not my laptop's card, right? I brought up my phone and connect it to the Archer C2 router through the 5ghz band and it works. 

it's interesting that when i connec to the C2 through 2.4 ghz, it works fine. Also the c2 is setup to use "a" and "n" protocol only on channel 44 with a 40 mhz width. The WDR3500 is setup on channel 161, "n" only (no "a" nor "ac") on a 40 mhz width.

I'm about to reset factory defaults and see what happens.

Damn these TP Link things are useless. I had exactly the same issues with my T4U archer thing. It would be fine on 2.4ghz but would randomly drop connection on 5ghz. I just bought a different one in the end

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Id try updating the firmware. There is also a possibility you got a bum unit. My sister have the C7 and it works. Although I would add, she replaced the wireless card in her laptop with an AC one and it worked even better. With 5Ghz generally you are fighting walls and range and 5Ghz has lower penetration and  less range than 2.4Ghz. You did not mention range in your post. But if this or walls are not a factor then I would say maybe the wireless radio in your router is having issues. I had issues on my router a while ago with my wireless radio dropping out. After flashing it with DDWRT it has been rock solid. While I would not suggest DDWRT on the faint of heart as its a bitch to get going. It told me that the firmware that DLink provided me was buggy. Id check for a firmware update first, you might be surprised what that can do. Also do what @minimoose suggested. I know that part of the 5Ghz spectrum is used for weather radar if im not mistaken in the US. Maybe you have some type of interference.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Factory reset did not solve anything. I did all testing standing literally beside the router. Unfortunately for me, I'm up to date and there is not DDWRT or OPENWRT for my particular router... FML I will try those settings and test again.