Thermaltake Introduce its Sandia-inspired Low-Profile CPU Cooler

4 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

A grenade made by thermalfake ;)

I'm glad SOMEONE is doing something with this... I'm a little disappointed it's Tt though

So you yell at Thermaltake for not being innovative, but you're disappointed with them when they ARE Innovative? I smell double standards.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

4 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

So you yell at Thermaltake for not being innovative, but you're disappointed with them when they ARE Innovative? I smell double standards.

They didn't innovate anything... they bought a complete product and hired someone to produce it.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

19 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

They didn't innovate anything... they bought a complete product and hired someone to produce it.

What? This product didn't exist on the market before Thermaltake put it into production. Sure, there were similar prototypes, but I haven't seen any that have a metal fan in the middle that spins with a heatsink assembly on the outside. This is unique, they didn't steal anything this time.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

3 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

What? This product didn't exist on the market before Thermaltake put it into production. Sure, there were similar prototypes, but I haven't seen any that have a metal fan in the middle that spins with a heatsink assembly on the outside. This is unique, they didn't steal anything this time.

3:20

I never said that they stole it, but rather that they likely bought the patent and found a producer for it. That's not innovation. However if they didn't buy the rights to it, then yes it's stealing

(edit:) All I was saying was that I was hoping this would get picked up by a company with a history of more innovation and less... well you know... in hopes that it could become something more than it already is

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

On 10/10/2016 at 1:05 PM, Misanthrope said:

Your finger is the least of your problem: you've got heavy metal blades spinning at 2800 RPM inside a case protected by a flimsy acrylic piece: you've got yourself a fucking grenade with shrapnel ready to wreck your pc and yourself.

Assuming the rotating part has a diameter of about 70mm, the fastest any of it will move is 37 kph = 23 mph. Not really anything to worry about. 

7 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

There were prototypes with static heatsinks around the spinning part. But of course we shouldn't claim infringement at this point. It could be licensed. 

On 10/11/2016 at 4:39 PM, 0ld_Chicken said:

(edit:) All I was saying was that I was hoping this would get picked up by a company with a history of more innovation and less... well you know... in hopes that it could become something more than it already is

Fair enough. Maybe more than one company has the licencing for this. I'd love to see what Cryorig or Raijintek would do with the licence.

Spoiler