Watching Videos Whilst Folding!!!

Hey guys, ive noticed that if i want to watch a film whilst folding i have to stop my gpu, or the films has low fps. What i have noticed is changing from windows media playing to VLC Player sometimes the videos run ok, my question is, is there a way to watch a film and fold at the same time?

Try turning the folding down to a level. Eg. Medium to light

Full load will take all the horsepower of the GPU and that 1% that will leave it won't cut it. I have the same issue with watching YT 1080p videos. Maybe messing with advaced settings can help you.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I had this issue with YouTube videos on my 7850. I updated my drivers and it seems to have fixed it

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Yes, first off, try updating your drivers. But as said, GPU folding is 100% so depending on how powerful your rig is, that may just a fact of life.

With my crossfire 6870's I had to stop folding when gaming or watching a movie, etc...

Now, with my GTX 780, I can fold full time while gaming, while viewing movies at any res, etc....

Notice the difference? :D

Some games though I still need to stop the 780 to play properly... But you get the point I think. :)  Just depends on how powerful dat card is...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99