Twitch Group/Partner

Maihym

So I'm looking for a Twitch partner/group to either join or make. I want some people or one person to play some games with my while streaming. Either that or have them be a moderator for me to help keep viewers in the channel. You need viewers to get viewers. If people see that at least 2 people are in a channel then they might check it out. It would also be nice to have someone help keeping the users in the channel. Now I understand that a majority of that falls on me, but basically talking to myself won't work. So someone that's there to engage in conversations and keep the stream interesting would be a big help. Let me know if someone would be interested in something like this. Also, this doesn't just have to be for my channel, if someone needs this as well then we could definitely help each other out.

31 minutes ago, Maihym said:

So I'm looking for a Twitch partner/group to either join or make. I want some people or one person to play some games with my while streaming. Either that or have them be a moderator for me to help keep viewers in the channel. You need viewers to get viewers. If people see that at least 2 people are in a channel then they might check it out. It would also be nice to have someone help keeping the users in the channel. Now I understand that a majority of that falls on me, but basically talking to myself won't work. So someone that's there to engage in conversations and keep the stream interesting would be a big help. Let me know if someone would be interested in something like this. Also, this doesn't just have to be for my channel, if someone needs this as well then we could definitely help each other out.

I'd love to dude, but I'd wanna stream it too and my Internet is god awful on the upload. :( 

Just now, Craigathorn said:

I'd love to dude, but I'd wanna stream it too and my Internet is god awful on the upload. :( 

Go ahead and PM me your steam profile link and we can talk a bit more.

I'd love to join a streaming group, I want to get into streaming more :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SirAuthentic/

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

2 hours ago, Craigathorn said:

What regions are you all in??

I'm on the west coast.

Need more information: what games do you stream, what's your streaming budget, what days/times, what makes your channel unique, etc.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

2 hours ago, Maihym said:

I'm on the west coast.

27 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Need more information: what games do you stream, what's your streaming budget, what days/times, what makes your channel unique, etc.

See I'm in the uk, which could make this difficult haha

3 minutes ago, LukeS said:

I'm not that into streaming but I mainly stream csgo, but I play games such as gta and arma 3. As for budget, I don't really know why I would need a budget. I don't have a schedule yet but I'm thinking about streaming every other day. As for what makes it unique, nothing really at the moment but I would like to try to make it so that there isn't just one person in the stream and that it's maybe a small group of people.

4 hours ago, Maihym said:

I'm not that into streaming but I mainly stream csgo, but I play games such as gta and arma 3. As for budget, I don't really know why I would need a budget. I don't have a schedule yet but I'm thinking about streaming every other day. As for what makes it unique, nothing really at the moment but I would like to try to make it so that there isn't just one person in the stream and that it's maybe a small group of people.

Okay, then count me out.

You need to get a schedule WITH the games you'll be playing for starters. Second, you need a budget for gaming equipment, backdrops, giveaways, repairs, memory, etc. Having a budget is the ONE thing most youtubers and streamers that begin don't have. You'll learn about it. Especially if you plan to make a professional business out of streaming. Thirdly, find something that's unique about you. You shave and brush your teeth with the opposite hand? That's unique, play off of that. But PLEASE focus on a schedule and being consistent. And then ask for help. Once you do that, you are eligible for the "not sucking" part of livestreaming. My friend has been constantly streaming for almost 2 years now, and he has no subs. Why? Because he doesn't have a schedule, he plays whatever he feels like, and his set up is like all Razer gear. Oh and his backdrop is an old bedsheet. Appearance of set up is 40% of the channel.

Source: Ex-Youtuber

If you ever need a business consultant or want a semi-professional review on your channel, feel free to PM me. I'm into marketing and analytics for these things. Statistics matter.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

• 2 weeks later...

I read all of your reply Luke and it really resonated with myself, since ive started back up my with my college classes my follower number stopped rising and i mainly attribute that to a bad schedule or constant changing of games. This is something that ive been trying to fix. Ill keep what you have said in mind when i stream.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10.10.2016 at 10:37 PM, LukeS said:

Because he doesn't have a schedule, he plays whatever he feels like, and his set up is like all Razer gear. Oh and his backdrop is an old bedsheet. Appearance of set up is 40% of the channel.

now i feel like i was doing something wrong all the time but cant pin down WHAT exactly i do wrong.

I work 3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday - I can sleep in all other days so my plan is to stream in the evening of these three days for as long as possible (or as long as ppl are watching) and maybe saturday as well - is that a shedule ?

and does "having a shedule" also mean i have to plan out WICH games i am going to play WHEN?

like: monday -> tomb raider, wednesday -> resident evil, friday -> metro or something like that ?

on the gear: do i even need fancy brand stuff to get people interested or something?

I do have a razer keyboard and mouse but nothing too exciting (no rgb lighting or anything - its more about function for me) - i also use my steam controller a lot but people will barely see my gear anyways because the cam is on my face all the time. 

backdrop? does it really matter? i am thinking about going all greenscreen so there is no visible backdrop at all - is that wrong ?

Just saying, there are successful streamers that do not have facecam, do not have giveaways, they do not share what gear they have. they have a schedule, but it changes from week to week. like the followers know what and when is going to stream that week, but not next, at least not before right before that week. but yet they are successful.

The thing that makes people watch them, is the streamers personality and that the streamer talk about things people want to watch.

The number 1. I think new streamers should focus on is:
Do not get people to follow and watch only because one game, get them to follow and watch because they like your personality and what you talk about.

Do not get people to follow and watch only because giveaways alone, get get them to follow and watch because it is entertainment. 

Because if you only play one game, and people watch because of that, what will happen when you stop playing that and start playing another game?
You will loose a ton of people watching.
If you get people to watch because they like your personality and what you talk about, you will loose much less people when changing between games.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:18 PM, KenjiUmino said:

now i feel like i was doing something wrong all the time but cant pin down WHAT exactly i do wrong.

I work 3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday - I can sleep in all other days so my plan is to stream in the evening of these three days for as long as possible (or as long as ppl are watching) and maybe saturday as well - is that a shedule ?

and does "having a shedule" also mean i have to plan out WICH games i am going to play WHEN?

like: monday -> tomb raider, wednesday -> resident evil, friday -> metro or something like that ?

on the gear: do i even need fancy brand stuff to get people interested or something?

I do have a razer keyboard and mouse but nothing too exciting (no rgb lighting or anything - its more about function for me) - i also use my steam controller a lot but people will barely see my gear anyways because the cam is on my face all the time. 

backdrop? does it really matter? i am thinking about going all greenscreen so there is no visible backdrop at all - is that wrong ?

Mr. KenjiUmino,

That sounds like a schedule. Attempt to create an hour block of when you'll try to get online.

You should know what game you are going to play next, what the style is (let's play, walkthrough, competitive, etc) and what game it might be. So yes, exactly like a day-game thing. However you can do side streams doing boring stuff.

You don't need to have fancy gear, however people will judge a channel by the headphones. For the periphreals such as mouse and keyboard, it's really preference. If you're good at a 2003 Windows Keyboard, use that! If you're better with a Razer 2016 Blackwidow, get that!

Backdrop: Try a light blue or white. It contrasts everything. Green screen is only good if your streaming program has greenscreen capabilities to throw on an overlay.

7 hours ago, LukeS said:

You should know what game you are going to play next, what the style is (let's play, walkthrough, competitive, etc) and what game it might be. So yes, exactly like a day-game thing. However you can do side streams doing boring stuff.

my main games are from the tomb raider and resident evil series (love both series since their original games from the mid 90s) - so it's mainly the single player story mode stuff i want people to come along with me as i go

i do play co-op with my friends and brothers sometimes and these are pretty much the only people i also compete against sometimes.

yes ... and blocky sandbox games for random in-between streams :-D

this is what a typical kenji stream looks like right now:vlcsnap-2016-11-21-21h51m46s509.png

any ideas on improvements?

18 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

my main games are from the tomb raider and resident evil series (love both series since their original games from the mid 90s) - so it's mainly the single player story mode stuff i want people to come along with me as i go

i do play co-op with my friends and brothers sometimes and these are pretty much the only people i also compete against sometimes.

yes ... and blocky sandbox games for random in-between streams :-D

this is what a typical kenji stream looks like right now:vlcsnap-2016-11-21-21h51m46s509.png

any ideas on improvements?

First off, it's a matter of preference: Why is your facecam on the right side of your screen?

Beginner tips:
Do you have a pretty well-done stream info (the text part underneath the stream). This should say: Your gear/peripherals, a short summary of who you are, what your schedule is, and shout outs to most expencive donors.

Also, you will want your channel name and the game you're playing next to/surrounding your facecam box. Make sure that it's opaque and not blocking the majority of your stream.

Advanced stream tips:
Have a "last subscriber/last donor" text box in the opposite corner of your screen. Scroll through option.

Also, you could really use a backdrop. I'm okay with seeing the junk behind you, but it doesn't look professional.
Best of luck!

-Luke S

P.s. Do you have a pop filter? If not, get one for your mic.