Mechanical Keyboard recommendations

Ethereal

Hey guys :) I need a recommendation or two because, I'm looking for a somewhat specific type of keyboard/company who does what I want.

I have nearly £100 and I need a new keyboard that is similar to this one:

Mainly looking for a simplistic mechanical keyboard with keycap colour of my choice (same for the WASD section of the keyboard) with Cherry MX Brown switches (I hear they're good) and NO extra buttons or w/e in the top right section like other companies (Corsair) do with theirs..... it's annoying/useless to me :/ I also do not need macro keys. I barely use them.

I do also need a UK Layout and Numpad

Any recommendations?

Thanks guys!

Just now, MVPernula said:

Corsair K65 RGB!

No.. because it has no Numpad, unnecessary buttons in the top right section which I DO NOT NEED..... and it has the ability to assign macro keys which I again, do not need....

Also would prefer coloured keycaps, they are black...

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

EDIT: Shit nvm no numpad. But if you can stretch your budget the K70 is an excelent choice.

Again, it has macro keys and some unnecessary buttons in the top right which I don't need.

And that also has black key caps... :/

If you want coloured caps, you would have to buy a keyboard, and then buy key caps you want, and switch them out.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle Gaming said:

If you want coloured caps, you would have to buy a keyboard, and then buy key caps you want, and switch them out.

Where's a good place to get them from? I dunno any good reliable companies.

8 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Where's a good place to get them from? I dunno any good reliable companies.

I haven't bought keycaps myself before, so I can't help you with that, someone else probably do tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

11 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I haven't bought keycaps myself before, so I can't help you with that, someone else probably do tho.

Fair enough :P Know any keyboard companies perhaps? I've seen a few on Google but idk them really lol.

Or even a K70 but without the extra buttons in the top right section? Any keyboards similar to that?

I would easily buy the K70 right now but the buttons are just very unnecessary

Just now, huilun02 said:

CM Quickfire TK (UK-Brown)

Seems to have everything you want.

You can turn off the backlight.

Keycaps easily replaceable.

Don't know the best place to get though.

:o Awesome!

Is there a UK-Version of that? It says UK but the Enter button is the wrong shape and the | \  Button should be in the bottom left near Z key, Shift key and the Windows key (and FN key if you're on a laptop)

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

-snip-

Ok cool, will have a look at it sometime!

Just found a website but idk much about it, am wondering if they do good quality etc, it's called "wasdkeyboards.com"

They have quite a variety but... yeah

Just now, huilun02 said:

you ready to spend US $150+ for the item before shipping and taxes.

Yeah, there is that I suppose :P I dunno, I might just get the K70, really wish those buttons weren't there. I don't even know what they do to be honest.

If I could, I would probably remove them (somehow if possible) before using the keyboard.

If you want as few buttons as possible extra from the standard ones, Steelseries, Das Keyboard, Ducky, produces some Minimalistic keyboards, but the last two especially might be outside your price range.

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

If you want as few buttons as possible extra from the standard ones, Steelseries, Das Keyboard, Ducky, produces some Minimalistic keyboards, but the last two especially might be outside your price range.

Ooooh :o SteelSeries have what I'm looking for (sort of), thanks!

I really want the Apex M800 but I don't need the macro keys :(:/ Know of any similar? The extra space they added is nice as well

I mean like the Apex M500 is precisely what I need and could buy right this second but..... they are not Cherry MX Brown :( It says Cherry MX Reds

3 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Ooooh :o SteelSeries have what I'm looking for (sort of), thanks!

I really want the Apex M800 but I don't need the macro keys :(:/ Know of any similar? The extra space they added is nice as well

I mean like the Apex M500 is precisely what I need and could buy right this second but..... they are not Cherry MX Brown :( It says Cherry MX Reds

Steelseries seem to love Red switches but they do have this keyboard:

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-6Gv2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0038X3ZVM/ref=sr_1_1?srs=2530519011&ie=UTF8&qid=1475952304&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries+mx+brown

But I cant remember any specific models that has what you seem to want apart from those already posted.

But I know why you want browns, because they are great and my favourite :D

-Stephen Hawking

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

23 hours ago, lefthanded_legend said:

-snip-

That's ok, because....

UPDATE:

I found a CoolerMaster Keyboard I like the look of, it's called the "Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire Ultimate - Cherry MX Brown Switch" Keyboard. It's on their EU Website. I might be looking for somewhere that sells Keycaps though because, I don't like the Windows button and WASD, I might get some coloured (Red/Yellow/Green/Blue/Orange) keycaps instead if they are compatible with this keyboard. Anyone know if they are or ..?

Other besides that, the keyboard looks alright I suppose, bit pricey so I hope it'll be worth it.

@Mihle Gaming, @huilun02, @MVPernula , opinions? :)

When it comes to keycaps, as long as a keyboard is cherry, you can use  keycaps that is made for cherry keyboard most of the time. (as long as it is the same layout as the keyboard, if some like mine (nordic) have a long enter). (and some countries have extra letters on the keyboard layout.)

(Dont shoot me if there is some strange keyboard with cherry switches that does not work with cherry keycaps)

Have you seen this?

-Stephen Hawking

just to throw this in the mix:

I got a original "Das Keyboard" with brown switches at work and a "ryos mk pro" at home with red switches for gaming and I love both of them for what they have to do.

My brother recently got a X40 which is seriously awsome if you can stand the redicioulos stupid color theme mimicing a sperm of Optimus Prime which they got going on on that board -->  http://www.divisionzerogaming.com/x40/

Hey DasKeyboard-guys, if you built that one in black without shiny piano lacquer I will totally by one, otherwise keep it :-)

Ducky. Shine 4 is just under £100. No macros. Number pad. Different mx switches available on other models. Never bought one but I've heard they're good. Custom keycaps will have to go on top though so you would have to live with the stock for a bit.