Question about Thermal Paste

Tweed

I'm deciding between the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and the Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme. I have an air cpu cooler, I don't have any plans to overclock. 6700k, be quiet! Dark Rock TF. Opinions/advice?

On paper the Thermal Grissly looks better but I gotta say, neither of those have made name for themselves in the enthusiastic circles. Might be an indication of unreliability issues. I myself only use Arctic Silver 5 or Noctua NT-H1. With all that said, since you're not overclocking, none of this will matter. The paste that comes with the cooler is just fine for everyday use. You'd be unlikely to witness any difference.

26 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

On paper the Thermal Grissly looks better but I gotta say, neither of those have made name for themselves in the enthusiastic circles. Might be an indication of unreliability issues. I myself only use Arctic Silver 5 or Noctua NT-H1. With all that said, since you're not overclocking, none of this will matter. The paste that comes with the cooler is just fine for everyday use. You'd be unlikely to witness any difference.

In the enthusiast circles?

You're joking right?   Thermal Grizzly and GC Extreme are literally the top pastes on the market, and are used by ALL serious extreme LN2 overclockers. (And frankly all serious overclockers on OCN & Hwbot) Any serious person either uses grizzly or they use GC Extreme.   Grizzly was literally designed by the best overclockers on the planet, Dancop + Der8auer and a few others were all behind the making & testing of it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

35 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Did you even try to research something before you spew shit out of your mouth?

on HWBOT, GC Extreme and Kryonaut are the most popular pastes because they dont crack when they freeze on LN2 or DICE and they're the best two pastes on the market right now.

Kryonaut being designed by Der8auer..

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Don't you have the paste that already comes with the cooler? That should already be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you are set on those two then go with whichever is cheaper.

But also understand that you are effectively paying double to get maybe a 1-2 degree improvement over multiple less expensive options.